Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: My great ADK and Studio Projects experiences  (Read 1772 times)

Offline kingnerd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Keep on truckin' in the free world.
My great ADK and Studio Projects experiences
« on: August 04, 2005, 04:07:41 PM »
About a month ago I purchased some ADK TL-MPs from Cascade Media and some Studio Projects C4s from and "Authorized Dealer" off of Ebay.  With my wonderful luck one of the ADKs had a rumble and one of the card caps on the SP C4s had a rumble.  Trust me, I tested the hell out of these to make sure that I wasn't crazy. 

I called up ADK and talked with Steve on the phone.  Super nice guy who didn't sound rushed or irritated that I was having a problem.  He shipped out another full set of mics that day, even without getting the old ones back first.  Amazing service.

Then I called up Studio Projects and talked with someone on the phone about my card cap rumble.  They sent out a new set of caps that same day.  The rumble kinda sounded like wind noise yet the mic was in a closed room.

They actually told me a slightly scarry trick to fix the rumble problem that sometimes happens.  Supposedly the rumble happens when moisture gets inside the microphone on the diaphragm.  To fix the problem he told me to put the bad cap in the toaster oven at 150-200 degrees for 3 minutes.  He also recommend adding some lemon pepper sauce but I think he was joking.  Since he was already sending me out some new caps I figured I'd give it a try.  Popped it in the oven for 3 minutes and then let it cool.  Put it back on the body and plugged it in.  The rumble was still there.  I let it sit for a day and baked it again.  BAM!!  Fixed.  I don't hear the rumble any more.

So in conclusion, two very crappy situtions that could have been very annoying both turned into great experiences.  I would highly recommend buying mics from both of these companies not only for the quality of their mics but also the quality of their customer service.

Adam

Offline Josh

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: My great ADK and Studio Projects experiences
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 04:13:56 PM »
ADK is a great company.  nothing but top shelf service from Larry and crew.
AKG 481/3>bumblebee Miagis>V3>jb3

Offline kingnerd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Keep on truckin' in the free world.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 05:10:44 PM »
Actually it was Larry with ADK not Steve like I said in my post.

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 06:33:50 PM »
Larry and ADK do rock...damn good service...damn good product
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com