Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone use iRiver H3x0?  (Read 1893 times)

Offline SuicideUZI

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Anyone use iRiver H3x0?
« on: April 22, 2006, 01:55:48 PM »
I have never recorded a show before but I am going to try to record a rock concert that im going to on may 12th ( guns n roses )
I have an H340 but im not sure what else I should get.  I dont know if I should use the external mic port, or the line in or what the difference even is since they are apparently both analogue.  I was looking at some mics on soundprofessionals.com but I really have no clue what the best choice would be. I think I can probably spend around $100 on mics and they prbably need to be the small stealthy ones, and im guessing the type that only records in one direction to block out background noise.  Im wondering if i need a pre-amp or anything like that.

Also I had a question about rockbox firmware, I heard that if you use rockbox firmware it will let you record to .wav format and record until you run out of space unlike the regular iriver firmware which has a size limit.  Has anyone used rockbox firmware for recording?  On the bad side I heard that rockbox eats up the battery faster, so Im wondering if i'd still be able to record a 2+ hour show without it dying on me, is there any type of external battery that you can use so there would be no interruptions?

If im going into a show with all this equipment where is the best place to hide it?  im not sure if pre-amps, mp3 players etc. would be detected or not with the wand things if they use them

Im not sure if it makes a difference but the venue is a small theater type, it holds around 3000 people.  Its general admission but I dont know how close i'll be able to get.

any help would be apprieciated

Offline Weazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • sp-cmc-8-> DIY BB -> Iriver IHP120 (rockbox)
Re: Anyone use iRiver H3x0?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 05:51:13 AM »
check archive.org for h340 recordings with rockbox. i think you can't go wrong with it.
-[ pop goes the weazel ...]-

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
Re: Anyone use iRiver H3x0?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 06:03:21 PM »
Use search please!
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com