Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Front + side oriented lollipop capsules for AKG 451, 460, 480 microphones  (Read 4487 times)

Offline hammerhorror

• Trade Count: (54)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Hey good lookin'
I have no idea if these are any good, but I stumbled across these for sale on Ebay and then checked out the website. I have no affiliation, just thought this may be of some inteest to some people. Looks like they have cards, and omnis. They also come in a variety of sound types (bright, neutral, warm, etc...)

Here is a link to there site and ebay auction:

http://www.ainaudio.lv/index.php?cat=25

http://cgi.ebay.com/JZ-Changeable-head-for-AKG-C451-460-480-not-blue-NIB_W0QQitemZ7414351235QQcategoryZ41466QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & MK41, AKG CK63 (Naiant Actives)

Preamps: Naiant KCY Littlebox

Recorders: Sound Devices 664, Sony PCM-M10

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My cd List
I had seen these before, but just now noticed that they offer a figure of 8 capsule. Not sure what an RCA44 sounds like, but I believe this is the only option for someone with 460/480 bodies wanting to run blumlein or M/S. Nice find!  :)

EDIT: I'm talking about the VSL44 on their website.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 01:56:58 PM by johnw »
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
It would be interesting to see the frequency plot graphs
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
The company JZ which makes these capsules are BLUE Microphone knockoffs >:D...Chineese made I believe.  Blue Microphones  currently has a open case against this company for copywright infringement. 
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
JZ is the designer of all of the Blue mics, except for the bird and ball mics, which are Chinese. Blue lost their manufacturing contract for whatever reason. They have been looking to China for making the rest of the line. The deal is, they cannot use the same designs that they were using. The mics that they build will have to be different enough, or the Violet/JZ boys can go after them. It was a case of Blue just being a Gotham. They did not actually hands-on design the mics. They just packaged and imported existing product. JZ mics are made in latvia, not china.

Offline OOK

• formerly OtherOneK
JZ is the designer of all of the Blue mics, except for the bird and ball mics, which are Chinese. Blue lost their manufacturing contract for whatever reason. They have been looking to China for making the rest of the line. The deal is, they cannot use the same designs that they were using. The mics that they build will have to be different enough, or the Violet/JZ boys can go after them. It was a case of Blue just being a Gotham. They did not actually hands-on design the mics. They just packaged and imported existing product. JZ mics are made in latvia, not china.

Thanks for setting the record straight, I knew it was something fishy.....just had the wrong side...
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
damn I'd hope they weren't some cheap chinese knockoffs for 500 Eur a piece. wonder how they sound...
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

RebelRebel

damn I'd hope they weren't some cheap chinese knockoffs for 500 Eur a piece. wonder how they sound...

From all reports, very good. PM Muj..he can probably help.

Offline OOK

• formerly OtherOneK
Blue Wins a Protective Order in Legal Action

California court freezes defendant’s bank account, websites come down

Westlake Village, CA, November 4th, 2005 – As part of the Los Angeles Superior Court civil complaint filed by
Blue Microphones on September 6, 2005, Superior Court Commissioner Victor Greenberg issued a temporary
protective order on October 31, 2005, freezing a Union Bank of California checking account owned by defendant
Juris Zarins, an individual, a Latvian national and owner of Defendant Scruples, Ltd., JZ Recording Equipment,
and other microphone companies.  Mr. Zarins’ California bank account was believed to have a balance in excess
of $138,000.00, at the time the Court issued its protective order.

Blue Microphone’s civil complaint includes allegations of Breach of Contract, Misappropriation of Trade Secrets, Trade
Libel, and Civil Conspiracy. The defendants are under order to appear in Los Angeles County Superior Court on November
10, 2005, to show cause why a preliminary injunction should not be ordered against them that includes a prohibition against
making, selling or distributing microphones that are substantially similar to those made, sold and distributed by Blue
Microphones, why they should not pay Blue Microphones $250,000.00 in damages, and why they should not be restrained
from making defamatory and disparaging remarks on various websites.

Ralfs Niedra, a defendant in the case, closed the websites www.violetusa.com and www.avelat.com after appearing for a
deposition on October 19, 2005 to give testimony. Similarly, Stargate Holdings, Inc has cancelled the DNS account for
www.violet-design.com.

Blue has also taken additional legal action to defend its contractual and intellectual property rights by filing Oppositions with
the Office for Harmonization in the International Market against several of Juris Zarins’ 2005 design patent filings, a
Trademark Opposition with the Latvian Court regarding the Violet Trademark, and a civil claim in the Riga Regional Court
against Scruples, Juris Zarins et al for Breach of Contract. Blue vigorously continues its efforts to protect its trademark and
product designs.

Blue Microphones is celebrating its 10th year in business and have just introduced the OmniMouse, an omni-directional
version of their popular Mouse microphone. They are also now shipping their highly anticipated Snowball USB mic and
their Red Type B solid-state mic. Blue has recently entered into a comprehensive distribution agreement with Telex, Inc,
and added new sales and marketing staff to support rapid growth through the remainder of 2005 and into 2006.

Please visit www.bluemic.com for more information.

All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners. © mtech marketing communications.

This is where I got the info.....I couldn't find anything that they lost the court case......  sucks for both sides.
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR

Offline muj

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
The company JZ which makes these capsules are BLUE Microphone knockoffs >:D...Chineese made I believe.  Blue Microphones  currently has a open case against this company for copywright infringement. 

LOL!!!!!!

somebody has not done their homework!!!

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
so hoiw do they sound muj? those side-address u89 ones look yummy ;D
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com