Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Another great 9V Li-Ion battery source  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Diamond_D

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Who's not honoring me now?
Another great 9V Li-Ion battery source
« on: July 16, 2006, 11:40:20 PM »
http://www.batteriesplus.com/p-33195-nuon-universal-portable-dvd-li-ion-battery.aspx

I was searching for a 9V for my new UA-5 and needed to buy it in person, as I had to have it within 24 hours, and was resigned to buying one at RS for $80 or so, until I found this. I was really surprised to see that this chain had 3 locations in the Triangle area, only one location had this battery in stock though.

5400 mAh, I recorded a 2 hour show on Saturday and all 4 LEDs are still lit. Worked like a charm, comes with AC and DC chargers. You might have to mention the online price of $39.99 but if you do, they'll honor it. Good deal!
SP-C4's > Canare Star Quads > UA5 (bm2p+) > H120

"Drums, Guitars, and Death. They finally got it right."
        Beavis & Butthead

Offline Gizby

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Another great 9V Li-Ion battery source
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 05:36:39 PM »
So let's say I buy this. Do I still need to build the cable to attach it to the UA-5? If so, well, I have the electrical knowledge of a chipmunk, so could I pay someone on these boards to build me such a cable?
Mics: DSP mod Oktava MK012s, CAD E100S (2), Studio Projects C4s, SP-CMC-2, Polsen OLM-20
Preamps/BB: Sound Devices MixPre, SP-SPSB-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Tascam DR‑05
Video: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4

Team SoCal

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 06:10:09 PM »
So let's say I buy this. Do I still need to build the cable to attach it to the UA-5? If so, well, I have the electrical knowledge of a chipmunk, so could I pay someone on these boards to build me such a cable?

If you buy the parts and mail them to me, I will make you the cable for free.  All you have to do in return is send me some copies of your first "good" tape.

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Diamond_D

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 06:16:08 PM »
if you really want piece of mind, mail them to Terry... but this explains everything you need to connect the battery to the UA-5

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=20671.0

Beavis & Butthead

Offline Gizby

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 07:04:36 PM »
if you really want piece of mind, mail them to Terry... but this explains everything you need to connect the battery to the UA-5

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=20671.0
So that three piece setup, coupled with a DVD battery, would be all I need. Hmm, seems I could do that. Thanks.
Mics: DSP mod Oktava MK012s, CAD E100S (2), Studio Projects C4s, SP-CMC-2, Polsen OLM-20
Preamps/BB: Sound Devices MixPre, SP-SPSB-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Tascam DR‑05
Video: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4

Team SoCal

Offline Diamond_D

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 07:25:23 PM »
yup. It's ESSENTIAL that you get the polarity right on the UA-5 tip though. Make sure to check that photo about halfway down on the first page of that thread.

Beavis & Butthead

Online Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 10:46:32 PM »
The UA-5 is reverse polarity protected... right Harrison?  ;)
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: Microtech Gefell M300, AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements, CAD GXL1200 (cardioid and mod-cardioid capsule & electronics mod), Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, Tascam DR-680, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 12:44:18 AM »
The UA-5 is reverse polarity protected... right Harrison?  ;)

The UA5 is "reversed polarity", not sure if it has "protection"...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 10:22:17 AM »
THe UA-5 is protected, if you hook it up in reverse polarity it wont damage it, it just wont power up until it's connected in correct polarity.  A simple thing that seems like everyone would do, but Apogee's will fry like an egg if hooked backwards. :P
"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?  You couldn't walk into a mall and get your little pussy pierced, and your little Doc Martin boots and your crazy color for your hair.  You walk down the street with blue hair you was gonna get in a fight with about 5 angry construction workers, or the local college football team, rednecks or cops. Sometimes they kicked our ass, but you know what?  Sometimes we beat the fuck out of em"  - Mike Ness, Social Distortion

Online Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 12:19:02 PM »
THe UA-5 is protected, if you hook it up in reverse polarity it wont damage it, it just wont power up until it's connected in correct polarity.  A simple thing that seems like everyone would do, but Apogee's will fry like an egg if hooked backwards. :P

Yeah, me and Harrison found this out once at Red Rocks. It did put a scare through us though... :)
If you hook it up wrong it will survive!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: Microtech Gefell M300, AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements, CAD GXL1200 (cardioid and mod-cardioid capsule & electronics mod), Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, Tascam DR-680, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 12:27:31 PM »
just to clarify for everyone... tip negative, sleeve positive
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 12:45:15 PM »
just to clarify for everyone... tip negative, sleeve positive
qft
"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?  You couldn't walk into a mall and get your little pussy pierced, and your little Doc Martin boots and your crazy color for your hair.  You walk down the street with blue hair you was gonna get in a fight with about 5 angry construction workers, or the local college football team, rednecks or cops. Sometimes they kicked our ass, but you know what?  Sometimes we beat the fuck out of em"  - Mike Ness, Social Distortion

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.201 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2019 Taperssection.com