Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09 bad file  (Read 12376 times)

Offline hobbes4444

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Edirol R-09 bad file
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2006, 09:43:50 AM »
Hey now, I don't want to appear too lazy  ;D  but I just cannot get this file straightened out and I really want to get these 2 sets out there.  This is the first show that Ms Vega has done with her daughter singing background on a couple of tunes. 

So I want to grovel for some help.  If some kind soul who has fixed files with these header and offset issues could please help out I would be extremely grateful!  I can send the original and somewhat fixed file (replaced the header with audiohack and have a recognizable file, but shows up as white noise) in addition to discs, etc; whatever you want!  I know there have been guides posted here, but after many many hours of following the advice trying to get this file sorted out, I just can't get it right and I can't take it anymore!  So please please please. . .
DPA 4061 (unmatched HEB and stock), AT933 hypercard caps (Sound Pro), Nak 300s, chopped Nak 300s
Denecke AD-20
Church 9100 mini XLR
D8, M1, R-09, MTII

Offline Do.com

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2006, 11:07:37 AM »
I actually had something similar happen last night.  My recorder froze up at 51 minutes into a show :(  The only way to get the thing to do anything was to open the battery door and take them out to reboot the device.  So now I have an incomplete source as well as a file that won't open in editors.  I'm not impressed....

I think I found a much easier way to do this, not sure if it will work for you guys but it did for me.

1) Open the WAV file that is giving you trouble in CDWave. 
2) It will ask you if you want to adjust the size of the header.  Click YES. 
3) Then it will say it reports that the file header has a size of zero and do you want to continue.  Click OK.
4) Make a track somewhere before the band starts, only save the second track, let it discard the first track.
5) The new file you created will now open properly in any editing program.

Like I said, this worked for me, and maybe not for you but I thought it would be worth trying.

Clint
DPA4061 > CS Custom BB > R07

Offline hobbes4444

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »
I actually had something similar happen last night.  My recorder froze up at 51 minutes into a show :(  The only way to get the thing to do anything was to open the battery door and take them out to reboot the device.  So now I have an incomplete source as well as a file that won't open in editors.  I'm not impressed....

I think I found a much easier way to do this, not sure if it will work for you guys but it did for me.

1) Open the WAV file that is giving you trouble in CDWave. 
2) It will ask you if you want to adjust the size of the header.  Click YES. 
3) Then it will say it reports that the file header has a size of zero and do you want to continue.  Click OK.
4) Make a track somewhere before the band starts, only save the second track, let it discard the first track.
5) The new file you created will now open properly in any editing program.

Like I said, this worked for me, and maybe not for you but I thought it would be worth trying.

Clint

Well I did try some of the other suggestions similar to this one.  I didn't try creating a new track.  But when this file opened up in cdwav it was white noise.

Were you using a 4 Gb card by chance? 
DPA 4061 (unmatched HEB and stock), AT933 hypercard caps (Sound Pro), Nak 300s, chopped Nak 300s
Denecke AD-20
Church 9100 mini XLR
D8, M1, R-09, MTII

Offline Do.com

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2006, 05:46:19 PM »
Yep - 4 gig Transwhatever - same one everyone else has.
DPA4061 > CS Custom BB > R07

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2006, 04:35:59 AM »
The cheap way to do it...

Create a one byte file with an ascii null (byte value 00).

Use the dos copy command to join that one byte file and your pcm data. something like copy /b file1+file2 newfile.
(I'm not sure on the syntax, but something like that).

Import that into your application. This will shift all of the framing by one byte.

Reiterate as necessary.

P.S. The Samplitude SE version may support the import feature. For 49 euro it is a good deal. But I have not used the SE version, so I am not certain of whether it has the import w/offset feature. Likely it does as this is a basic program function.

Just thought I would put in my .02 that this quick and dirty way worked for me...  T+ for the quick and dirty solution... Just how I like it. :-}

Here is the command I used......

Code: [Select]
copy /B d.bin + CR09_0005.wav test1.wavd.bin = 1 byte file containing '00'
CR09_0005.wav = backup copy of the fubared wav file directly from the 09
test1.wav = resulting .wav file that plays properly. :-}

Thanks again,
Dana
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline hobbes4444

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2006, 10:16:02 AM »
The cheap way to do it...

Create a one byte file with an ascii null (byte value 00).

Import that into your application. This will shift all of the framing by one byte.

Just thought I would put in my .02 that this quick and dirty way worked for me...  T+ for the quick and dirty solution... Just how I like it. :-}

Here is the command I used......

Code: [Select]
copy /B d.bin + CR09_0005.wav test1.wavd.bin = 1 byte file containing '00'
CR09_0005.wav = backup copy of the fubared wav file directly from the 09
test1.wav = resulting .wav file that plays properly. :-}

Thanks again,
Dana

This is great info.  Thanks!!  Could you also post how you created the d.bin one byte file for us computer illiterates!  ;D

Thanks again to all of the experts here for creative solutions to this problem.  Maybe the problem will go away if we ever get 4gig support. . . :-\
Denecke AD-20
Church 9100 mini XLR
D8, M1, R-09, MTII

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2006, 01:00:59 PM »
In ultraedit select a new file.  Type in any character.  Hit Ctrl-h to goto hex mode.  You will see one set of double digit numbers.  Change to 00 and save.  I only had to run the copy command once.  However, if your offset is more than one you will have to run it more than once.
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2006, 10:12:08 AM »
Not sure if this will help anyone here or not.

Last night I taped a show on my R-09 that came out slightly larger than 2Gb. As others here have experienced I was not able to replay the file in the R-09. I was able to copy it to my PC. It would play in Winamp but Soundforge and my other wave editing programs would not open it because of a codex problem?

CDwave would open it and I was able to chop it to smaller chunks but still was unable to open them in the wave editors. My guess is there was a problem in the header info? Flac frontend would not accept these files either.

What I ended up doing was converting the two files to FLAC via CDWave and then opening them back to Wave files.
The size of both files changed by about 8 bits, and are now able to be opened in Soundforge.

I am not sure what really happened or if this was the right way to go about this, but it worked.

Now, off to upgrade the firmware in the R-09.

Oh yeah, if you have the opportunity to catch a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy show, by all means do it. Great time, great performance!

Mics: DPA 4022, 4060; Nevaton MC51, MCE400; Gefell sms2000, m20, m21, m27
Pres: DPA MMA6000; Grace V2; Portico 5012; Sonosax SX-M2
Recorders: Edirol R09hr, Sound Devices 722

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2006, 12:41:46 AM »
Do we have 110% confirmation that the new firmware is perfectly seamless?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com