Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AudioReality  (Read 2851 times)

Offline MJ

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
AudioReality
« on: February 15, 2007, 04:17:45 AM »

I just found the following web page.  Did anybody buy the microphone set from them?

http://www.audioreality.com/
<Main Rigs>
Schoeps MK4s>(Nbox Active cables)>Nbox+ or Nbox Platinum>Izzy (Split) Cables>Sony PCM-M10 or Sony PCM-D100

<Sub Rigs>
(1)DPA4061s>(terminated with 3.5 stereo mini)>Church Audio Pre>(3.5 stereo mini+Canare cable + 3.5 stereo mini)>Sony PCM-M10
(2)DSM-6S/L>(terminated with 3.5 stereo mini)> Sony PCM-M10

<IEM>
(1)scanner
 DJ-X2000
 IC-RX7
(2)receiver
Shure P10R
Sennheiser ek2000
(3)recorders
Marntz PMD706

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: AudioReality
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 05:01:58 AM »

I just found the following web page.  Did anybody buy the microphone set from them?

http://www.audioreality.com/

It looks interesting because of his background. How ever two things caught my attention. His use of radio shack 3.5 mm connectors. And is lack of shielding around the mic capsules. Heat shrink does not shield a capsule from EMI/EMF so I would think based on this alone that his noise figures would be higher then someone that uses a metal housing for the microphones. Even Sennheiser uses a special capsule that is made from steel and is immune to EMI/EMF. I think a lot of "do it yourselfers" forget about that part. I would be very interested in hearing them though..

Chris Church
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline MJ

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 11:45:48 PM »
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion on the microphones :D :D :D :D
I have no bias or prejudice against home-made gears.  But your explanation about lack of shielding around the mic capsules make a lot more sense than his background does ::) ::) ::).  You save me some money.
By the way, some Japanese tapers make pretty good microphones using Panasonic microphones such as WM-61As.  I might as well get one from them and give it a try ;).

Koichi
<Main Rigs>
Schoeps MK4s>(Nbox Active cables)>Nbox+ or Nbox Platinum>Izzy (Split) Cables>Sony PCM-M10 or Sony PCM-D100

<Sub Rigs>
(1)DPA4061s>(terminated with 3.5 stereo mini)>Church Audio Pre>(3.5 stereo mini+Canare cable + 3.5 stereo mini)>Sony PCM-M10

<IEM>
(1)scanner
 DJ-X2000
 IC-RX7
(2)receiver
Shure P10R
Sennheiser ek2000
(3)recorders
Marntz PMD706

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 12:58:48 AM »
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion on the microphones :D :D :D :D
I have no bias or prejudice against home-made gears.  But your explanation about lack of shielding around the mic capsules make a lot more sense than his background does ::) ::) ::).  You save me some money.
By the way, some Japanese tapers make pretty good microphones using Panasonic microphones such as WM-61As.  I might as well get one from them and give it a try ;).

Koichi

The Panasonic 61 is a good capsule!! If you can match them for output and put them in the right housing you can get a really good sound I would do my 4.7k mod them them as well cut the trace between the case of the electret and ground. Insert a 4.7k resistor between the two take the case side as ground and the positive terminal as output and you have a capsule that can handle 125db with ease. If you need me to explain this in more detail I can.. Good luck I am not saying this guys gear is bad I just think that he should be shielding the back of the capsule its were a lot of noise is picked up.

Chris Church
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline MJ

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 07:05:20 AM »

The Panasonic 61 is a good capsule!! If you can match them for output and put them in the right housing you can get a really good sound I would do my 4.7k mod them them as well cut the trace between the case of the electret and ground. Insert a 4.7k resistor between the two take the case side as ground and the positive terminal as output and you have a capsule that can handle 125db with ease. If you need me to explain this in more detail I can.. Good luck I am not saying this guys gear is bad I just think that he should be shielding the back of the capsule its were a lot of noise is picked up.

Chris Church

[/quote]

Hi Chris
I asked the guy about a metal housing for the capsules and he can not seem to make it.  What a shame!!! He seems to have a lot of WM-61As and they are cheap too.
<Main Rigs>

<Sub Rigs>

<IEM>
(1)scanner
 DJ-X2000
 IC-RX7
(2)receiver
Shure P10R
Sennheiser ek2000
(3)recorders
Marntz PMD706

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com