Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: best ad for rig: mbho603a: mp-2>mod sbm-1>jb3 or mp-2>r9 or mp-2>microtrak II  (Read 2093 times)

Offline MBHOTAPER

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jam Bands Rock!
which version will provide a better ad:
mp-2> mod sbm-1>jb3 or

mp-2>mp-2>r9 or

mp-2>microtrak II

I heard the micro I ad sucks

unsure of r9 ad but heard no digi in/optical in?

Thanks for the opinions

Offline tcf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Hello, originally I've been using an analog signal coming out of my onyx preamp into the mt, with decent results.  Lately I've been using an sbm1 out of the onyx and into the mt/spdif.  The quality of sound is definitely an improvement over the mt's a/d section.  I can't comment on the new mt 2 yet but I doubt there will be that much improvement over the a/d stage. 

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
If you're wanting 24 bit, definitely go MP2>R09. I ran the R09 for awhile and loved the A/D stage when paired with Schoeps>Sonosax. If content with 16 bit, you CAN'T get better than MP2>(mos)SBM1 with the MBHOs.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline MBHOTAPER

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jam Bands Rock!
If you're wanting 24 bit, definitely go MP2>R09. I ran the R09 for awhile and loved the A/D stage when paired with Schoeps>Sonosax. If content with 16 bit, you CAN'T get better than MP2>(mos)SBM1 with the MBHOs.

which do you prefer? mod sbm-1 or r9? Considering the low cost of the r9 I was wondering if the ad stage is as good as the sbm1?

Thanks

Offline ShawnF

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Since you're contemplating an SBM1 and JB3, I'm assuming recording at 24 bits isn't essential for you.  That being the case, I think the majority opinion will be that the mp2>modSBM1 will sound better than using the internal R-09 A/D, at least at 16 bits.  I think the modSBM1 beats the 16-bit internal A/D of any of the usual small recorders every time.  And I'd certainly take modSBM1>MT at 16 bits over going analog into the MT at 24 bits.  Not sure if the same could be said about the R-09 at 24 bits, though, and none of us know about the MTII for certain, yet.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com