Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stealthable A/D?  (Read 6279 times)

Offline Jamos

• Trade Count: (61)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Stealthable A/D?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 06:34:31 PM »

The analog output chain of the MR1 is not as nice as the iRiver though. It's not really a fair comparison because it's not the intended use model of the MR1 vs the intended use for the iRiver, but I do use it to listen on the way home from the show and find the MR1 outputs to be lacking.

That's pretty disappointing to hear since most people will have no other way to play back the DSD files except to play them off the Korg itself. 

Online grawk

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 10:42:56 AM »
The unit comes with software to convert it to aiff or wav in post, so you'd have other options for playback.
4015gs/4018vlgs/kk14->mma:a d-vice/sonosax minir82/sonosax sx-m2d2/nagra vi/lectrosonics spdr

Offline Jamos

• Trade Count: (61)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 05:39:57 PM »
The unit comes with software to convert it to aiff or wav in post, so you'd have other options for playback.

Yes I know about the Audiogate software, but then you are not actually listening to the DSD...you're listening to an aiff or wav.

I know that folks have said even these aiffs and wavs sound better, but if I owned one I think I'd be inclined to plug in my Korg directly for playback and the full DSD listening experience.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com