Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Bags for 722...  (Read 20067 times)

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bags for 722...
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007, 04:48:45 PM »
Get those plastic toothbrush holders that walmart sells for traveling and line them with felt. the round ones fit the 480's PERFECTLY. Both myselrf and Steve Toney aka tonedeaf have done this and its an excellent and LOPRO way to transport your mics.

Yup, works nicely. 

And also these toothbrush things are the right size to slide right into the front pocket of the RM-Multi.  That way, two of them take up the least amount of space possible in the bag. 

As far as felt lining goes, I bought some felt, but turned out what I bought was too thick so when I put it in the plastic toothbrush holder, it ended up being too tight a fit to fit the mics too.  Rather than buying a thinner grade of felt sheets, which I might do someday, I just stuffed some foam down each end of the toothbrush holder so that the mic kinda sinks a little bit into the foam when the toothbrush holder is closed.  That keeps the mics from rattling around inside the plastic holder.

BTW, I had to go to a couple of Wal-Marts.  They all have the toothbrush holders, but the first one I went to only had a square type that were I think $1.29 apiece.  These work, but aren't quite as good a fit as the round cylindrical shaped ones that I found at the second Wal-Mart and the round ones are only 50 cents each.

PS:  Find the section of Wal-Mart that sells the sample size or weekend vacation size stuff...like the mini-deoderant cans, mini-toothpaste tubes, etc...usually not to far from the razor blades, deoderants, prescriptions, etc.  After looking around WalMart for 1/2 hour, that's where I finally found them.  The toothbrush holders were in another one of the rack bins, same as the mini-deoderant, mini-soaps, mini-shampoos, etc.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 04:54:55 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2007, 05:21:39 PM »
Have any of you checked out PB's new bags for the 7xx?  Just not sure if they are too big. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 09:46:25 AM by Kevin »
481(3)>722

Offline dennisrtyler

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2007, 06:14:24 PM »
Have any of you checked out PT's new bags for the 7xx?  Just not sure if they are too big. 
PT ???
4. im so abrasive i make sandpaper nervous.

Schoeps CMR/mk4 > Naiant PFA > Oade Concert Mod Marantz PMD-661

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2007, 06:24:54 PM »
i think i'm gonna try this.

as far as the felt lining is concerned: i'm sure crown royal bags would work great. you could cut enough felt from a big bag to line two toothbrush holders. i have a ton b/c i bartend  8)

pm me if anyone wants some.

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2007, 07:48:38 PM »
Have any of you checked out PT's new bags for the 7xx?  Just not sure if they are too big. 
PT ???

Sorry, meant PB (portabrace)
http://www.portabrace.com/productA-AO-1X
481(3)>722

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2007, 07:49:46 PM »
you arent going to fit a pelican 1060 inside of the rm-multi and have enough space to fit everything else, TRUST ME ;) Get those plastic toothbrush holders that walmart sells for traveling and line them with felt. the round ones fit the 480's PERFECTLY. Both myselrf and Steve Toney aka tonedeaf have done this and its an excellent and LOPRO way to transport your mics. Thats the ONLY way youre going to fit everything ;) I cant remember the last time I actually used my pelican 1060......

Do you have a link to the toothbrush holder your talking about?

Bean whats the deal with your tickets consistantly going down? +T as always
481(3)>722

Offline dennisrtyler

• Trade Count: (21)
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2007, 07:57:51 PM »
PT ???

Sorry, meant PB (portabrace)
http://www.portabrace.com/productA-AO-1X
very nice bag but 3 bills, damn!
4. im so abrasive i make sandpaper nervous.

Schoeps CMR/mk4 > Naiant PFA > Oade Concert Mod Marantz PMD-661

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2007, 09:05:02 PM »
i think i'm gonna try this.

as far as the felt lining is concerned: i'm sure crown royal bags would work great. you could cut enough felt from a big bag to line two toothbrush holders. i have a ton b/c i bartend  8)

pm me if anyone wants some.

I would think the CR bags would be too flexible to hold theyre shape and keep from bunching up in the bottom of the toothbrush holder tho. I have the felt that has the sticky glue backing behind it and I just put it in there WITHOUT taking the backing off so the sticky side DOESNT touch the holder. If you leave the backing on so no sticky stuff touches the holder, its pretty firm and holds its shape after excessively taking out and putting the mics back in :) Just a little tip since I have already experimented and made these for myself ;) The felt is super easy to find. just go to a Michaels or something similar. Hell, Wal-Mart might even have the felt with the backing.

If you cant find the felt with the sticky backing, just get regular felt without any backing and tape it up with packaging tape so it holds its shape and stays round after you take out/put in the mics a bunch of times. I have also done it this way as well. Both ways work just fine for me and save a TON of space compared to the Pelican 1060 :)

I dont plan on never using my 1060 again, but I surely dont use it but once a year come festival time or something similar. Im actually keeping the 1060 I have for when I get some AKG 414's ;)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

stevetoney

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2007, 09:57:50 PM »

Do you have a link to the toothbrush holder your talking about?

http://www.wisementrading.com/toiletries/camping.htm

They look just like the holders that are a couple items down in this link.

Bean whats the deal with your tickets consistantly going down? +T as always

There's TS.com trolls that don't like that Bean uses lots of emoticons in his messages.  Bean wouldn't be Bean without the smileys.  He's one of the most positive and helpful people on this list...ALWAYS takes time to help people out...always puts a positive spin on things.  He should never get any bad karma let alone have his account drain so quickly.

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2007, 07:57:56 AM »
I actually ordered the PortaBrace PBAR4STC, it is designed to fit a Nagra recorder. I am hoping instead to fit my Portico & MR-1000. I looked at the new audio organizer but it wasn't big enough for my Portico.

Sure the bag retails for $300 but if you order yours through Adorama like I did it will cost about $240. The only problem I have is that mine is not in stock & we have to wait until after the holiday to find out when I will have it  :(
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2007, 08:33:12 AM »
Thanks for the link ;)

True Bean loves the emoticons.  Pretty wierd/Sad that pisses people off...

Just purachased the RM-Multi/D I will post pictures of the new setup next week when I get everything in.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 09:27:05 AM by Kevin »
481(3)>722

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2007, 09:30:44 AM »
if you spend $2500 on a recorder, you owe it to yourself (and your recorder) to buy a bag that fits it, and fits it well.
i wouldn't keep my fishing gear in a porta-brace, and vice-versa. ymmv.
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2007, 09:43:37 AM »
if you spend $2500 on a recorder, you owe it to yourself (and your recorder) to buy a bag that fits it, and fits it well.
i wouldn't keep my fishing gear in a porta-brace, and vice-versa. ymmv.

Well said ;)
481(3)>722

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2007, 10:41:20 AM »
For me, organization is key and this seems like the best fit.
481(3)>722

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2007, 10:49:49 AM »
There isn't always room to run your rig from a bag.  With this drink rail there is no way I could reach the floor to adjust levels, etc.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.098 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com