Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Weird HI-MD issue....  (Read 1149 times)

Offline dunebug81

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
Weird HI-MD issue....
« on: July 11, 2008, 04:53:14 PM »
So I taped a show last night using my RH1 in HISP mode. Everything was great when I started and stopped recording. When I go to play the show back on the unit it plays like its in fast forward...the display time goes by about 10x fast as it should and I get no sound. I thought my FF button was stuck but i put in a different disc and it plays just fine. Ive uploaded the file and it uploads fine but when I go and play the uploaded file it doesnt play. it shows the correct time of 113 min and that it was recorded in HISP. Im thinking that the system file wasnt properly written. Maybe I bumped the recorder while it was writing it? Ive recorded another 15 seconds on the disc just to update the system file...nothing... then I split the original file into 2 tracks to hopefully get it to play properly...so far nothing has worked :(  I also downloaded the file to another disc thinking there was something up with that original disc and the copy does the same thing as the original.

any suggestions? id be happy to mail someone my disc for testing and possible recovery.

This is the first time I've had anything go wrong with this recorder. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 04:55:35 PM by dunebug81 »
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/
aim: dunebug81

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Weird HI-MD issue....
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 05:21:50 PM »
I have read of this problem.  I think you clone the header off another file.  Try minidisc.org.  They specialize in this format, and the fixes.

Cheers
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline dunebug81

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Weird HI-MD issue....
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 05:45:35 PM »
that works for the old non-himd discs.  i can clone a TOC but the HIMDs use more of a real file system then the old ones do. 

I posted over on the minidisc.org forums so hopefully someone will have an answer for me...at the very least let me know what caused it.
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/
aim: dunebug81

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com