Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Schoeps A20s HELP PLZ  (Read 1663 times)

Offline rich

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
Schoeps A20s HELP PLZ
« on: July 13, 2009, 10:26:29 AM »
okay

so i have a new A20s. upon arrival the elastic bands, which are noticeably thicker, were already assembled to the shockmount. assuming removing and replacing them was as simple as with the A20...well i immediately took them off and replaced them rubber bands.  :-\

only then did i notice that what appears to be 3 elastic bands, again as with the A20, is actually only two...with some kind of funky brass clamp. yes they are longer than those with the A20. but, i did not even think to closely examine how they came off so that i could put them back on the same way. well, guess what...now i have no clue how these things were attached in the first place.

has anyone had this happen? does anyone know how the 2 band set up works / or actually how they are fitted in the mount?

thanks

rich
sweeet beaver!

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Schoeps A20s HELP PLZ
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 11:35:44 AM »
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline rich

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 03:49:27 PM »
thanks boojum...but i finally whipped it. unfortunately, the schoeps site does not provide the detail i was hoping to find. if this should happen to anyone else, let me know i can send pics of the solution. thanks again.

rich
sweeet beaver!

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 03:51:17 PM »
thanks boojum...but i finally whipped it. unfortunately, the schoeps site does not provide the detail i was hoping to find. if this should happen to anyone else, let me know i can send pics of the solution. thanks again.

rich

yeah it can be tough. the trick is to try to get them in there with the loops as even as possible so you dont have too much fiddling to do. also note theres a little groove/recessed portion where the brass clip rests inside, this should be aligned
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com