Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help me ID/understand how to power Countryman B6 mics...  (Read 1737 times)

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Help me ID/understand how to power Countryman B6 mics...
« on: February 24, 2010, 11:32:33 PM »
Recently acquired a couple used pairs of what appears to be B6's...

They have the full-sized Neutrik XLR ends. They have 2 small bands grey shrink tube on the cable near the Neutrik ends.

Included was a glossy insert version of the following: http://www.countryman.com/download/B6%20Lavalier%20datasheet.pdf

So... how do I power these? I've got an FP-24, V3, and SD-722, which all deliver +P48. Can I just plug in the B6's and hit record for now?

later down the road I may want to slim down even further. maybe the Sony D-10. what ar emy powering options?

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Help me ID/understand how to power Countryman B6 mics...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:51:36 PM »
In the brochure it says, "up to 140 dB on 48 V Phantom Power."  Plug the XLR connector into the XLR connector on your recorder, turn on phantom power and press record.   RTFM
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline setboy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 12:40:57 AM »
In the brochure it says, "up to 140 dB on 48 V Phantom Power."  Plug the XLR connector into the XLR connector on your recorder, turn on phantom power and press record.   RTFM

From what i was told this will blow up your mics. They need some kind of adapter to set down the power. it's not true phantom power as far as i understand

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 01:42:29 PM »
http://www.countryman.com/display.asp?catid=4&pid=80

"The choices are sometimes overwhelming, but we can make selecting the perfect microphone easy. We designed this page to help guide you through our line, and, as always, we would love to talk with you directly at 1-800-669-1422."
Nov schmoz kapop.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com