Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: First outing w/the Peluso CEMC6 stereo kit....  (Read 8295 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: First outing w/the Peluso CEMC6 stereo kit....
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2005, 08:35:01 AM »
beats me.

I used the hypers this weekend for the first time. NICE sounding.  very tight.  great rejection.

I'll be running my omni caps outside this summer for sure.  I've got 2nd row center taper tickets for the BIG SUMMER CLASSIC when they roll through Greatwoods. I"ll be sure to run a good omni setup that night.  clamp on a few stands and space them out 3-4'.

I'll have opportunities to really test the shit out of these mics.  I"m very impressed with them thus far.  I think they sound fantastic...at any price, but especialy for the money they cost.
Most impressed w/the card cap especialy.  shit, they all sound fantastic.

Offline Massive Dynamic

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • 20 years of the best in apocalyptic gothic metal
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2005, 12:56:21 PM »
I just got my CEMC6 card stereo pair.  Wondered if anyone had used the included windscreens? They look pretty flimsy, and I have a pair of the Shure A81WS for outdoors. Are the standard w/s ok for indoor use?

Yeah, they seem a bit flimsy but I've taped 4 or 5 shows outdoors and even though there were some pretty strong windgusts during some of those shows I've never heard any wind noise (always had the big DPAs on hand just in case, though).  I'm not sure if thats due to the mics or the screens. I would think that given how hot the mics are they'd be more prone to picking up wind noise.

Wanting to experiment in my living room, I set up the CEMC6 and my Audix 1290 for a side by side comparison. I had the Audix in DIN and the CEMC6 in XY. The CEMC6s are much hotter than the 1290s. With the Audix, I had the SBM cranked to 10 to get levels of -6.  The CEMC6 achieved the same peak level at only 6 on the SBM dial. The published sensitivity specs for the CEMC6 are 10 mVPa, but 14 mVPa for the Audix. Could the different configs produce this drastic a difference, or is somebody fudging the numbers?

Yeah, they're pretty hot mics.  Nice that there are -10db and -20db pads on them.  Which pattern are your Audix mics using?  Are they also cards?
Drew, I was running cards for both the Peluso and Audix, so that's not it.  Also, glad to hear the w/s do work, I'll try them at an event with a tent pavilion instead of using the big Shures.
Naiant X-X > SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Superlux S502 > Denecke PS-2 > Hosa MIT-435 > M10

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • it's recreational
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2005, 09:42:10 PM »
FWIW, I picked up some of those Joe Meek (Schoeps knock-off) mounts & they fit the Peluso's nicely.  The one thing I'd worry about is that even though the mount is made of somewhat soft plastic it still might scratch the mics since there's not much room to work w/ while installing the mic bodies into the mount.  These might turn out to be much more versatile than the trusty old AT8410's since they're so much smaller.

Offline save

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2005, 08:16:18 PM »
what type pre amp would you suggest running w/ these mics?  something transparent like a v2 or something to warm them up a little like a psp2 or mp2?  thinking about picking up a pair of these and wondering what pre would sound good w/ them.
save

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • it's recreational
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2005, 09:04:24 PM »
what type pre amp would you suggest running w/ these mics?  something transparent like a v2 or something to warm them up a little like a psp2 or mp2?  thinking about picking up a pair of these and wondering what pre would sound good w/ them.

warm to neutral, def. don't use a bright pre IMO.

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2005, 10:30:12 PM »
those mounts look like they were machined at the same place as the adk's.

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2005, 07:43:36 AM »
the peluso shock mount has got to be the best i've had for field use.  fucking unbreakable.  beefier than the AT and it actualy holds the mic in the horizontal position w/o having to compensate for the elastic "sag".

the peluso mics, i dont find them to be dark at all....and I dont find them overly bright either.  I would stick with Drews recomendation though.  thats nice and general.  what mics like a really bright preamp any way?

I'm sure they would sound nice into a V3.  I"ll have to try that out sometime.  they sound great through the R4, which I find to be pretty neutral.

Offline save

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2005, 06:51:19 PM »
thanks drew and nick for the suggestions!  thinking i'll probably run the v2 behind them....can't afford a v3 right now.  +T
save

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2005, 07:04:21 AM »
V2 will work out like gangbustas!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com