Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: windscreens  (Read 7073 times)

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: windscreens
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 02:04:50 PM »
I might have a pair of large dpa foams for sale.

I will buy them!

i hear ya on the rumble and bass in general.  however it's easier for me to manage low in post than it is to get the high end content right without it getting too fatiguing.  the additive gain from 2nd and third (sub)harmonics of high fundamental frequencies interact and affect each other more IMHO.

Offline mwz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 02:54:08 PM »
Best way to know this is find the vendor pages and read the descriptions... or look at their pictures.
I was countin' on Tl's not comin' w/ windscreens because the disrciption at cascade says flight case and shock mounts but they don't show either one of these in the pic's. I was pretty much asking where to buy some wind screens after I buy my new TL's bein' twatts has a pair and probally had to do the same thing.
Peace

I've been using the stock thin windscreens w/ my TL's indoors - outdoors I use the U87 screens - WS87 - they fit purrfectly.

jimmc

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 02:59:34 PM »
This might be really stupid but i have no idea. i just got my SP-c4s and ive herd the windscreens that they come with are junk so i went out to a local music store and bought a pair of what seams like good ones there thinker and seam better. my question is that the new windscreens are to big for the c4s can i use the old windscreen inside the new one or will that be to much?

Last summer I ran my C4's w/ the stock (crappy) windscreen inside of the Shure windscreens.  For what its worth, it worked, but I plan on buying the DPA windscreens to use this summer.  The problem I saw w/ doubling up the windscreens what that unless you put a rubber band or velcro stip around the larger Shure screen, a few gusts of wind would still get inside the larger opening of the Shure screens.  In a light to moderate breeze, you should be OK, but you may want to upgrade.

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
    • My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 03:39:35 PM »

Thanks for the pics now AI know I well get indoor windscreens aleast and I can make some more ratskins for my TL'S.
Peace
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 10:53:33 PM »
i like those mounts better than the supermounts. better adjustability, especially if going vertical.

yeah, i agree.  much easier to use, and you have to have the elastic just right on the supermounts.
we all live downstream.

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2006, 08:10:30 AM »
the center section of the TL is a barrel with parallel walls.
The spring clamp type mounts work great, and in no way the mics will slip in them. If they do slip, they get stopped by larger diameter rings at either end of the mic body.

edit: adding clarification

unless one may be upside down.  then hopefully it would land on top of the other(in a perfect world)  even so, the compression rings that come with the tl's are rock solid, the spring is tight, i never anticipate them moving once placed.  if you choose to use the super mounts, then the mics srew in.

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2006, 01:43:31 PM »
I thought that the bottom ring was of a larger diameter than the main body of the mic? I'm going off of 2 year past memory hear.
Bottomline,.... I never even slightly considered that those spring clamp mounts would not hold the mic securely when upside down.

the center section of the TL is a barrel with parallel walls.
The spring clamp type mounts work great, and in no way the mics will slip in them. If they do slip, they get stopped by larger diameter rings at either end of the mic body.

edit: adding clarification

unless one may be upside down.  then hopefully it would land on top of the other(in a perfect world)  even so, the compression rings that come with the tl's are rock solid, the spring is tight, i never anticipate them moving once placed.  if you choose to use the super mounts, then the mics srew in.

jr

didn't know you had gotten rid of yours.  what's in your quiver now?  yeah, the tl's are the same diameter from main body down through retaining ring.

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline rockthing

• Taperssection Regular
  • Out recording stuff. Dropping in occasionally. :-)
    • BS Entertainment
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2008, 04:42:22 AM »
Holy S(COW)! :o :o :o

I just got off the phone with the Schoeps Japan representative about his wind screens and in-line low-cut filters. I was really liking the looks of the W20R1, with the sphere covered in fur.

Those windscreens are more than my mics!!!!  :o :o :o

now I wish I had an electric knife...  :D

Looking at the Wind Tech site at the moment... Thanks for that link. :)
on lead guitar and as many chicks he can find

Sony TCS-60 (1999 - 2003)
Aiwa CM-P22 in rolled-up socks > Sharp MD-DR7S (2003 - 2007)
Studio Projects C4s > Marantz PMD660 (stock) (Oct. 2007 - )
also: Tascam Porta07 / Yamaha mg102c
------------------
Gnusound 0.74 /Audacity 1.3.7 /GarageBand 4.1.1

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com