Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sonic Studios DSM-6S vs DPA406X  (Read 1535 times)

Offline redbook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
Sonic Studios DSM-6S vs DPA406X
« on: March 12, 2007, 07:01:12 AM »
I 've been searching on this, and all that I found is that SS are almost same quality but consensus is that DPA are slightly better.
Any opinions on this? Any sound comparison?  >:D

Thanks!

Offline grider

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • always give more than you take
Re: Sonic Studios DSM-6S vs DPA406X
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 11:21:40 AM »
the DPAs, no doubt about it, I can steer you to some open and stealth recordings made with them, they make clear and very transparent recordings, and excellent sounding recordings is good sounding environments

Offline nardo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • The Comatorium - The Mars Volta News
Re: Sonic Studios DSM-6S vs DPA406X
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 12:01:40 PM »
I'd say it depends on what sound you're looking for. SS claims that their mics sound 'natural', so basically you get to record the sound you hear at the show, can be good, can be bad, you also should be using the binaural technique with them. The DPA mics enhance the highs and you might like that or you might not, compared to the SS mics they tend to sound closer and less 'muddy' because of that high boost (there's 2 kinds of grids, some that enhance only slightly and so-called high boost grids), in my experience.
You might want to consider another option, the Sanken COS-11s - personally, I prefer those over any other lavalier mic on the market. But of course it's all up to your own ears to decide.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com