Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: dead rat home wind tunnel tests  (Read 7071 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: dead rat home wind tunnel tests
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 09:05:29 AM »
That's what I suspected.  Besides the Rycote fur cover, what is the fabric on the blimp without the cover? That's the stuff I'm looking to emulate.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline digifish_music

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 07:51:00 PM »
That's what I suspected.  Besides the Rycote fur cover, what is the fabric on the blimp without the cover? That's the stuff I'm looking to emulate.

My studio pop-shields have heavy stocking material over them, my Rycote knock-offs have speaker grille fabric stretched over them, so stockings or any speaker-grill fabric would also be ok. You just need to stop the wind.   

e.g...

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHOICE-Grade-SpEaKeR-STeReO-GriLL-CLoTh-FaBriC-BlaCK_W0QQitemZ270220148500QQihZ017QQcategoryZ3276QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

digifish
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 07:53:54 PM by digifish_music »
- What's this knob do?

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 08:25:16 PM »
Speaker grill fabric, so obvious it would have bit me.  Thanks.  BTW I love the photos on the ebay page linked to above, not sure it's intentional but it's just an empty black image.  :)
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline digifish_music

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 09:43:07 PM »
Speaker grill fabric, so obvious it would have bit me.  Thanks.  BTW I love the photos on the ebay page linked to above, not sure it's intentional but it's just an empty black image.  :)

I think that's a photo of the stretched fabric :)

digifish
- What's this knob do?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com