Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO the mounting piece shown in the attached pic  (Read 1607 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
ISO the mounting piece shown in the attached pic
« on: April 19, 2012, 10:57:23 AM »
Don't know what to call it so check out the pic. :P Looks like a machined piece of round stock delrin with a 3/8 in. threaded rod either all the way or just sticking out both ends. Does this come with the busman actives?

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
Re: ISO the mounting piece shown in the attached pic
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »
Does this come with the busman actives?

I believe it does.  You might try checking with Busman and see if he'll sell you one. 
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:20:19 AM »
I don't know if thats it, but you could create it via the following:

1) Threaded rod of the desired diameter and threadcount.
2) Delrin/PVC rod (solid, or with a smaller hole than #1).
3) Drill out and tap a thread in the bigger rod.
4) Screw in the smaller threaded rod so it sticks out on both sides.
5) Add a touch of superglue so the center rod doesn't rotate when gently torqued.
6) ???
7) Profit.

If you want to be really snazzy and prevent the capsule mount ends from experiencing gravitational force/torque in the wrong direction (1 end in the above notes presumes that you're screwing it on "backwards"), you could cut your small rod in to two pieces, reverse one of them, and thread them both in (again, a touch of superglue). Now when you thread your mic clip mounts on the ends the weight of the capsule, being slightly forward (and pulled on by gravity) will torque into the thread instead of loosening itself.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 11:37:49 AM »
^ Yea I know. I have all the parts sitting in the machine shop were I work but the machinist keeps blowing me off. I even tried bribing him. Machinists are weird dOOds. I could probably hack around in his shop and do it myself but he locks the door. Anyway how much can someone even charge for one of these? Time to call busman.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com