Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Suggestions for clamping camera to tripod...  (Read 2009 times)

Offline manitouman

• Trade Count: (36)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Los Bulls!!!
Suggestions for clamping camera to tripod...
« on: September 08, 2007, 04:50:35 PM »
I'll be taping the Smashing Pumpkins @ Red Rocks later this month and would like to video tape it as well. They have an open taping policy that allows video recording as well. So I'll set up my audio gear but would like to clamp the camera to the stand. Is there such a bar that has 1/4" threads, that can be clamped about 5 feet up the stand so that I can monitor the recording? I could just stand there and hold the camera but would rather have it clamped to the stand. I've been hearing the SP shows have been running close to 3 hours, that's a long time to be holding a camera steady. This way I can zoom in far enough to capture the stage and set it to keep recording from there. I don't need to zoom in on individuals so that's why I thought if I clamped it to the tripod then I can just let it do it's thing.

Oh, and I'm not looking to buy, since this would probably the only time I'll video record something. Maybe look to borrow something from someone in the loaner thread. Any suggestions?
Mics: AKG CK31, CK32>LM 3> MPA III

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
Re: Suggestions for clamping camera to tripod...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 10:18:14 PM »
With I think nearly all past Pumpkins shows, stands and tripods of any kind were not allowed.   Meaning everything had to be handheld.  Might want to get a couple friends, or rig a handy hat. 
mics & cameras

Offline greatape

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • www.youtube.com/GreatTapes
Re: Suggestions for clamping camera to tripod...
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 04:35:34 PM »
A Bogen Super-clamp with the heavy-duty flex arm will work.  The flex arm has 1/4" male end that the camera can screw onto. 
My Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/GreatTapes

Audio:
Church Audio STC11 Cardioids>ST9000>Tascam Dr2d

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com