Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Spotlight on singer when filming any way to make this look okay?  (Read 2380 times)

Offline andrewkw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
I filmed auf der maur the other night, it was a really poor venue to film in (the kool haus) all ground level and the stage isnt very rasied. I was behind the board which was near the back of the venue. That was pretty much the only place I could have a tripod / mic stand without getting them knocked.  There is a spotlight on Melissa (the singer) the entire show giving her a ghost whiteish appearence.  I've had trouble with spotlights in the past from time to time.  Would a lens filter help this? or do I just need a better camera?  It's too bad because the other band members look fine.   

any suggestions would be welcome, surprisingly I'm getting more into filming shows these days.  If only more bands allowed them..

jpschust

Re: Spotlight on singer when filming any way to make this look okay?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 04:07:30 PM »
the problem is the light metering, see if you can adjust the metering manually on your camera and pull back just a touch.  i'm not sure what functions your camera has, but see.

Offline andrewkw

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Spotlight on singer when filming any way to make this look okay?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 04:23:23 PM »
thanks for the heads up, i'll check it out.  Right now im running a sony trv 350 digital 8 and a panassonic pvdv-910D.  I would like to upgrade but video is so expensive when you've already shelled out so much for mics, a/d and all that.

edit : i easily found an exposure setting i really should have looked at before.  thanks again
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 04:56:48 PM by andrewkw »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com