Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iRiver software installation question  (Read 2920 times)

Offline 1westkc3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
iRiver software installation question
« on: January 14, 2006, 11:41:27 AM »
OK, so I bit the bullet, purchased the H120 and dowloaded the user manual.  It details the installation of H Manager, which I know I don't need to do since my OS is XP.  It also describes the installation of the H120 device driver.  Now my question is, if I plan to install Rockbox, do I still need to do the device driver install or is the Rockbox all inclusive ?

Offline timP

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: iRiver software installation question
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 12:31:22 PM »
well, I didn't need to run the driver for my old 120 to show up as a HD on my computer..

just pluged n the usb cable and it was as easy as drag and drop files...

also just drug in the firmware updates and it installed them next time you started the player
?>FR2LE

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 06:29:02 PM »
OK, so I bit the bullet, purchased the H120 and dowloaded the user manual.  It details the installation of H Manager, which I know I don't need to do since my OS is XP.  It also describes the installation of the H120 device driver.  Now my question is, if I plan to install Rockbox, do I still need to do the device driver install or is the Rockbox all inclusive ?

This should explain everything in regards to installing rockbox:  http://www.misticriver.net/showpost.php?p=283091&postcount=24

the iriver H120/h140 is a usb mass storage device.  It doesn't need drivers to plug into a pc, like other mp3 players.
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline 1westkc3

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 07:52:38 PM »
Thanks all for the info.  I can't wait for the next show to try this puppy out.

Offline 1westkc3

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 10:38:17 PM »
Gloco,
Thanks again for the link.  I only had one glitch, when I finished downloading all the files and turned the H120 on the upgrade didn't initiate so I went in and forced the upgarde and it loaded without any problems.  I tried the record feature and levels work, gain adjust on the fly works and it also seems that the volume can be raised beyond what it originally could be.  Thanks again.

Offline tod3sschu3tze

• Taperssection Regular
  • Tape Metal!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 12:51:10 PM »
i have got the h120 with rockbox, too.
the driver is only needed, when you update the database rightclicking the device, you dont need it if you use rockbox.
Stealth Setup(s):

NEW ONE:
Microphone Madness HLSC-1 > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

OLD ONE:
Core Sound Low Cost Binaurals + Low Sensivity Option > 9V Battery Box > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

tod3sschu3tze's Live Show & Bootlegs Trading List: http://trade.tod3sschu3tze.de

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com