Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MK4V's ORTF?  (Read 6863 times)

Offline wboswell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
Re:MK4V's ORTF?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 03:35:34 PM »
I agree totally.  If you increased the angles on each end by another 20º (for a net 40º), the kc5 attachment, bar, and the capsule body would definately be in front of the diaphragm.  While it may not have a massive effect on sound, it certainly couldn't improve it.

The material feels just like a solid plastic tube.  The only thing special about the schoeps bar is the nextel grey coating...  I'll be in touch with Kevin shortly as he has some gear to return to me anyway.  I'll find out where he got it.  

Offline Kwonfidelity

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Press Record!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2004, 04:13:00 PM »
I think the easiest alternative for "v" users would be to get a stock bar 35cm long, drill holes half way through the bar with the same diameter as the kc5 cable attachment at 15, 10, and 8.5 cm from right of center and mirror the same holes to the left of the corresponding center.  Then, use a circular saw with a blade the width of the kc5 cable linking the left holes and then linking the right holes.  You would then have a bar that could do NOS, DIN, ORTF and hold the capsules verticle.  

Kwon has mentioned that he could do it, but no one seems to push him.  

Some chic taper that uses the 4Vs out in Los Angeles got in touch with me about the 4V bar...out in production and will be ready within two weeks...that's all the push I needed (or she did...) ;D
Southern Recording, Inc.
High Fidelity Audio Capture

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2004, 05:49:37 PM »
Hey, if that's all it takes, how about I give my push for getting to the DIN bar for Neumann ak40 caps?   :)  Now that I've managed to lose the ORTF bar and am stuck with XY I'm really interested.

So get to it soon--or I'll be forced to go to Home Depot and kluge together something that will be very embarassing.   :P

-Todd
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2004, 03:26:45 AM »
Hey, if that's all it takes, how about I give my push for getting to the DIN bar for Neumann ak40 caps?   :)  Now that I've managed to lose the ORTF bar and am stuck with XY I'm really interested.

So get to it soon--or I'll be forced to go to Home Depot and kluge together something that will be very embarassing.   :P

-Todd

hehehe ;D
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Kwonfidelity

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Press Record!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2004, 08:49:57 AM »

-Todd

I'm on my third delay of this and Frank is getting on my case :-\ ;)
The final bar is being machined and will be getting those for testing (this is the third proto run).  What seems tricky with the neumanns is that rubber sleeve covering the end of the termination...there are issues with making something that cuts it too close pulling that sleeve off which would not be good for product liability :o

On top of that, I'm on the cusp of finishing the cruise project which has sponge'd all my time as of late...

Thanks for the patience!
Southern Recording, Inc.
High Fidelity Audio Capture

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com