Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: My email to M-Audio...  (Read 12822 times)

Offline sickrick43

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
Re: My email to M-Audio...
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 06:40:50 PM »

Sent both MT's back to Oade for a refund.  744 arrives saturday.  While not as stealthy, hopefully WAY MORE reliable.

Funny part is that the first one (with the shaky backlight) worked perfectly otherwise - I likely would have gotten a second one.

Most of the people that were asking my advice locally on the purchase of an MT, were advised by me to steer clear for a few months and see what happens vis-a-vis all the bug-fixes and QC issues.

Good luck in your quest for satisfaction Nick.

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

RebelRebel

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 06:46:24 PM »
youll have no issues with the 744t Rick...the meters will take getting used to, and the firewire transfer speed could be a little better, but it is rock solid....

Sent both MT's back to Oade for a refund.  744 arrives saturday.  While not as stealthy, hopefully WAY MORE reliable.

Funny part is that the first one (with the shaky backlight) worked perfectly otherwise - I likely would have gotten a second one.

Most of the people that were asking my advice locally on the purchase of an MT, were advised by me to steer clear for a few months and see what happens vis-a-vis all the bug-fixes and QC issues.

Good luck in your quest for satisfaction Nick.

Rick

Offline Zaphod Beeblebrox

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2006, 03:39:35 AM »
FWIW, bought a MT from Guitar Center here in southern California.  Got a great price, unfortunately it had to be ordered from another store.  Finally arrived on the 4th of this year and I when I plugged it in for its initial charge...nothing.  It was dead right out of the box.  I returned it the next day and they're ordering me a new one from the closest store that has one, which happens to be in Oregon.  I e-mailed M-Audio, but have received no reply as of the 8th.  I really want this device to work.  I'll keep everyone updated of my experiences.

-Zaphod

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2006, 07:24:16 AM »
FWIW, bought a MT from Guitar Center here in southern California.  Got a great price, unfortunately it had to be ordered from another store.  Finally arrived on the 4th of this year and I when I plugged it in for its initial charge...nothing.  It was dead right out of the box.  I returned it the next day and they're ordering me a new one from the closest store that has one, which happens to be in Oregon.  I e-mailed M-Audio, but have received no reply as of the 8th.  I really want this device to work.  I'll keep everyone updated of my experiences.

-Zaphod

How long did you keep it plugged in and try to get it to turn on?  As myself and others have noted in previous threads (way back, deep in some of those long threads), it took about 10 minutes or so for the thing to turn on for the initial charge (myself included).  it's been working great for me since then, so I obviously don't have a defective unit.  just posting this as an fyi to you, if it should happen again with your next unit.

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2006, 08:09:54 AM »
How long did you keep it plugged in and try to get it to turn on?  As myself and others have noted in previous threads (way back, deep in some of those long threads), it took about 10 minutes or so for the thing to turn on for the initial charge (myself included).  it's been working great for me since then, so I obviously don't have a defective unit.  just posting this as an fyi to you, if it should happen again with your next unit.

right, the same thing happened to me with my brand new mt out of the box. i was a bit nervouse but just let it stay plugged in and eventually the mt lit up charged and did its thing.

i had not used the mt in about 2 weeks and when i went to power it on yesterday it wouldnt boot up. held the power button for about 20 seconds and nothing. then i remembered that the last time i used it the battery was fairly low. i plugged in the ac charger and after another 10 minutes or so it was lighting up, charging and doing its thing. phfew.

nick i hope you get this straightened out. if not buy another one with cash from gc and then return it with the broken one in the box to gc for a full refund. thats what i would do.
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2006, 02:39:25 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I don't think I left it plugged in for ten minutes.  The instructions said, if I remember correctly, that the screen should display "charging".  When I plugged it in and got nothing I went into problem solving mode, i.e., checking to make sure outlet was hot, trying different outlets, plugging it into a USB slot on my computer, making sure there were no air gaps in the system, etc.  However, leaving it plugged in did not occur to me.

I'm glad you told me this, I was planning on plugging in the next one at Guitar Center to check to see if it would power up before I took it home.

I also e-mailed M-audio about this but received no reply.  Seems like an easy fix.

-Zaphod

Offline cpatch

• Taperssection Member
  • I STOP FOR CAFFEINE
    • The GodCast Network
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2006, 02:55:06 PM »
The manual's wrong...it never says "Charging" and it never says "Charged." Once the screen does come on the battery icon in the upper right animates by filling up from it's current charged state to full over and over until it has a full charge, at which point it simply stays on in filled state. I'm sure you're not the only one who's freaked out at the discrepancy. Just one more reason the guy who was in charge of designing this thing is no longer working at M-Audio.

Craig
Home (Podcasting): AT4040,NT-1A > Symetrix 528e > dbx 1066 > Mackie 1202-VLZ-PRO > 24" Intel iMac
Field (Podcasting/Taping): AT853RX,LSD2,MD46 > Bus PMD660/H4
$100 Super Stealth: Giant Squid Stereo Omnis > iRiver iFP-795

Offline sparkjockey

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2006, 03:09:35 PM »
The manual's wrong...it never says "Charging" and it never says "Charged." Once the screen does come on the battery icon in the upper right animates by filling up from it's current charged state to full over and over until it has a full charge, at which point it simply stays on in filled state. I'm sure you're not the only one who's freaked out at the discrepancy. Just one more reason the guy who was in charge of designing this thing is no longer working at M-Audio.

Craig

I sent M-Audio an e-mail questioning this very thing-still haven't heard back from them. Their customer service sure seems to be a low priority >:(

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2006, 08:19:22 PM »
Well, it's been 3 days now, and still no reply from M-Audio. Granted, I didn't really expect to hear anything this weekend...but they had 2 hours on Thursday and all day Friday to respond.

This is unquestionably the worst customer service experience I've ever had. I don't think they want to offer to repair my unit because they have no f**king clue what's wrong....sorta the same way I feel about all the bugs we've encountered so far.

I love my Audiophile 24/96 soundcard, and really wanna get the Microtrack working (since it cost me almost $400), but I will NEVER buy another M-Audio product.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline gl0bber

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2006, 08:59:39 PM »
Well, it's been 3 days now, and still no reply from M-Audio. Granted, I didn't really expect to hear anything this weekend...but they had 2 hours on Thursday and all day Friday to respond.

This is unquestionably the worst customer service experience I've ever had. I don't think they want to offer to repair my unit because they have no f**king clue what's wrong....sorta the same way I feel about all the bugs we've encountered so far.

I love my Audiophile 24/96 soundcard, and really wanna get the Microtrack working (since it cost me almost $400), but I will NEVER buy another M-Audio product.

While you are waiting for a response that might never come (I hope not!) did you try and leave it plugged in overnight?  Maybe you tried this already, but I believe it's worth a shot if you didn't.  Also, maybe if the internal battery is disconnected for say an hour and then reconnected the unit might wake up.  I realize the warranty might be voided, but it's still food for thought.  I just can't get out of my brain the sheer unlikeliness of permanent damage by turning off the power!  Also, the "insert rescue disk" message sounds really strange.  If there was damage, maybe it occured during the last card insertion.

Sigh.  Just speculating and wondering if I should purchase an MT.  Now I have doubts...   ???

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »
Finally heard back!

Got a repair authorization # and a shipping address. I'll keep everyone posted as to how it goes from here...

Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline bconnolly

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2006, 01:51:42 PM »
Finally heard back!

Got a repair authorization # and a shipping address. I'll keep everyone posted as to how it goes from here...

Huzzah!  Glad to hear that they're doing an RMA for you!

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »

I got my new Microtrack from Guitar Center.  I just plugged it in and am waiting to see if it's going to power up.  Ten minutes and counting.  Hope it powers up.

-Zaphod

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2006, 01:03:25 AM »

Craig

If you have the MT booted up and then plug it in, or add any external power it will say CHG inside the small box (icon). If you just plug it in from an off position, you will get the filled and semi filled icon.

Best of luck to Nick. We all hope the repair/replace department at Micro Track does right by you!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 04:13:08 PM by dallman »
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

cmoorevt

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2006, 11:50:14 AM »
Maybe I missed this previously, but M-Audio has apparently re-worked how they handle tech support emails. I sent techsupt@m-audio.com an email this morning reminding them yet again that the device won't pass signal when using the spdif input and received an automated reply that directed me to a Technical Support Portal where I can file an incident report as well as track the status of that report(previously I would get a repsonse to my techsupt email)

Not sure if the results will be better or worse than what they were doing before, but I've already filed a couple of indicents.  It can't hurt....

For those of you still using the techsupt@m-audio.com email, here is the link:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.contact

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com