Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: good software?  (Read 5324 times)

Offline ropscot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
good software?
« on: November 27, 2003, 01:21:25 PM »
I was just wondering what some good recording software is, right now I use a mini disc and need something to upload with, but soon I plan on useing my laptop, also what is a good sound card to use for my laptop, also I will be running from the sb to  a mixer to do a matrix mix
thanks
Ron

Offline dklein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:good software?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 11:01:51 PM »
I'll let others with more experience address the soundcard question.  I'd suggest you search the archives as this is a regular question.  As a minidisc taper you might be interested in picking up a used minidisc deck with a digital output and and CMI 8738 based soundcard so you can do digital, bit-perfect transfers.  Or just grab a Nomad Jukebox to replace your minidisc since the $ are close to the same.  Otherwise, you're taking the analog out and going back into the digital domain again with a soundcard.

For recording software, if you don't plan on doing any editing, CDWave will do the trick and help you track out your recording so you can burn to cd.  If you do plan on editing, the popular choices for a pc are Cool Edit Pro (my fave), Wavelab and Soundforge.  Each have their own fanbase.

For your laptop, most folks seem to go with an outboard unit vs. a soundcard.  What's your budget?
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.135 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com