Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Adobe Audition 4.0  (Read 2492 times)

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
Adobe Audition 4.0
« on: September 10, 2010, 11:05:54 PM »
According to the chatter in the adobe forums, 4.0 will be out on beta in a few months.  Faster processing times, by taking advantage of multi-core processors.  Can't wait.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/308542?start=50&tstart=0

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:59:13 AM by spyder9 »

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Adobe Audition 4.0
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 09:01:50 PM »
I'm sure Audition 4.0 will be great.  I just wish the program wasn't such a RAM hog, or so it seems.  I have a decent PC, but Audition 3.0 seemed to bog it down mercilessly.  I keep ending up back at Audition 1.0 or 1.5, which seems to run alot better on my machine.  That said, I'm sure processing digtial audio is a pretty intense process that's facilitated by an uber fast machine.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:03:24 PM by tonedeaf »

stevetoney

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 03:25:03 PM »
I'm still running 1.0  and found that an extra gig of ram made a noticeable if small improvement in speed.

Same here...I got some speed improvement too when I added I think 1.5gig of RAM.  But it still wasn't enough to keep Audition 3.0 from driving me coo-coo.  Bottom line is I'm pretty sure my motherboard processor speed was the choke point.

stevetoney

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 08:42:49 AM »
^ might be right.  If the post 1.0 versions were heavily modified codewise it's possible that that's what you were seeing too.  In that case you'd likely need a good kick in the hardware to get decent processing throughput.  Perhaps 4.0 will be a fix for that.  I've not kept up on the product so I can't even speculate if it will or not.  I just don't change much if "it works for me" I guess.

That's the philosophy I've used too and I'll probably continue to use Audition 1.0 or 1.5.  Even so, there are some features of the newer versions that I like alot and would love to upgrade.

For the sake of this thread, I do want to be clear that I'm not a computer tekkie, so I really don't know the technical reasons why Audition 3.0 didn't run efficiently on my machine.  I'm only speculating based on the experiences that I had.

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 09:23:17 AM »
My rule of thumb on all my audio boxes is to put as much RAM as humanly possible in them.  Quad Cores are always nice too ;)
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com