Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: dbpoweramp question  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
dbpoweramp question
« on: May 26, 2005, 01:00:04 PM »
my c drive recently crashed and i had to replace it.  well i haven't reinstalled eac yet, but i did grab db power amp to make file converting easier.  i was wondering if i used the accurate rip function in dbpoweramp if it does just as good of job as EAC or should i still use EAC for ripping audio disc?

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: dbpoweramp question
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 04:22:55 PM »
Tricky question.  It all depends on what you end result is.  Is this just for you or do you plan to seed this ripped source?

EAC is for purists.  People that have to have it so exactly right that one misplaced bit makes the whold thing junk.  I like dbpoweramp ripping function because it works fast.  Plus as long as you are using a quality drive then your results should be acceptable. 

So like I said it all depends on where the ripped music is headed.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 04:27:39 PM »
+t thanks

my biggest concern is with scratched discs.  i know before i used eac if a disc was scratched the rip discs would sometimes have that "ch ch ch" noise all over it.  EAC had the error correction to get rid of that.  Maybe I'll just stick with EAC since i know that the outcome will be playable.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline rerem

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 12:07:26 AM »
Eac and the accurrip dbPowerAmp both  calibrate your burner's read/write offsets based on reads from official CD's. I'd see no point in putting out a prog that gave just a semi-accurate copy,and personally I had so much hassle trying to get EAC to do SOMETHING useful-I quit caring. My thing now is I use Accurip,if it ain't "perfect enough"...then just move along-nuthin' here for ya.

I recall a record through errors checkbox or such.  A damaged disc is a damaged disc and you likely will not get an "exact" copy of whatever bits can't be read. Some CD-R/CD-Rom drives read imperfect discs better. Most read a bit better at lower speeds.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com