Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Is the VX Pocket V2 still the way to go?  (Read 1216 times)

Offline balou2

• Crippled, but still dancin'
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • He was a friend of mine.
    • Little Mountain Sound Archive
Is the VX Pocket V2 still the way to go?
« on: May 13, 2006, 04:38:42 AM »
So, I think I'm ready to do some laptop stuff.  I have a new Dell XPS lappy on the way, but want to run my V3 in front of the laptop.  I know I need an interface, but would prefer not to run another box.  What's the concensus out there?  The cheapest I've seen the VX Pocket V2 is $399.  Would it make more sense to get the second box and run V3>box>laptop?  I would like to keep the amount of gear needed to a minimum, but I also don't want to break the bank on an interface since I'm dropping the dime on the laptop (and a V3, and an R4...my wife's getting a little pissy  ;))

Don't know how much 24/96 I'll be doing...24/48 is o.k., and I know the VX V2 limits to 48.  This is all new to me, so I'm a n00b again.  I've searched the archives but much of the conversation is dated, and this technology changes so quickly.

Thanks all.
mike
Socks are overrated.

Offline TNJazz

• Ninja
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Those who know, know."
    • NINJA DYNAMITE
Re: Is the VX Pocket V2 still the way to go?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 09:42:03 AM »
If you're getting an R4, I'm not sure why you'd even bother?

I still use a 440 occasionally (the 4 channel version of the V2).  I don't think it's obsolete or anything.  It's certainly convenient in that I just slide it into a PCMCIA slot and go...

Dirk
Check out my band!  --> http://www.ninjadynamite.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com