Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

24/48 to 16/44 conversion introducing clipping...

<< < (4/4)

breakonthru:

--- Quote from: live2496 on April 01, 2024, 02:17:02 PM ---Sample Rate Conversion (SRC) can introduce peak levels beyond 0 dbfs due to interpolation. So the order of operations is the key.

Gordon

--- End quote ---
there was a huge debate about this
“Intersample overs” back in the day when benchmark introduced the DAC 2. While I generally find the technical discussions of John Siau to be impenetrable, the “community” as it were just poo-poo’d the idea as if it wasn’t a thing, or at least not as significant as benchmark made it out to be

https://benchmarkmedia.com/blogs/application_notes/intersample-overs-in-cd-recordings

tim in jersey:

--- Quote from: AbbyTaper on March 10, 2024, 04:35:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: nulldogmas on March 10, 2024, 04:27:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: AbbyTaper on March 10, 2024, 03:38:17 PM ---I use Sound Forge and normalize to 98.14% (not sure what the dB value of that is), and then dither with iZotope's mbit process.  I never noticed any clipping after dithering.

--- End quote ---

Looks like 98.14% is about -0.16dB.

--- End quote ---

I was just coming to post that! :D

--- End quote ---

I'm curious as to the math behind y'all coming up with that number. Care to enlighten me?

nulldogmas:

--- Quote from: tim in jersey on April 07, 2024, 11:21:29 PM ---I'm curious as to the math behind y'all coming up with that number. Care to enlighten me?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version