Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Roland R07 freeze  (Read 542 times)

Offline eva18

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Roland R07 freeze
« on: July 21, 2024, 06:06:50 PM »
i have some problems with my roland r07 and when i try to use it , it randomly got freeze firstni thought it was because i need to update firmeware (as the website suggested) but then it just get worse , sometimes got freeze after 13 minutes of recording, some time at 30seconds, in the worse scenario right before turning on

can someone had this issue before? could you fixed it?

thanks for your help

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
Re: Roland R07 freeze
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2024, 07:20:31 PM »
Have you tried a different SD card?
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2024, 12:05:50 PM »
Do you use a compatible card?
https://support.roland.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003909151-R-07-What-microSD-Cards-are-Compatible

If Yes, are you sure it is not counterfeit?

Roland R-07 -> FEL Communications Clippy EM172 Omnis or pair of RØDE Lavaliers.
iPhone 14 -> Shure MV88 or Sennheiser AMBEO Smart Headset

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2024, 04:37:25 PM »
Sounds like a card
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • We create auditory illusions, not reproductions
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2024, 06:43:34 PM »
Agreed.

I never used an 07, but used 09 extensively and it wasn't picky at all about SD cards.  Although not a bad idea to use one on the compatible list, I wouldn't worry too much about trying to finding one.  Just try a few different cards and see if that fixes the problem.  Best to format whatever card you try in the recorder, but I always just formatted my R-09 cards on the computer with no issues.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2024, 05:57:31 AM »
Yes, that is also the case for the R-07. It takes almost any SD or SDHC card with a max capacity of 32gb (except Panasonic cards as noted).

But one may accidentally have used an SDXC card with higher capacity or may have purchased one of those ultra cheap Chinese no-brand cards, or inadvertently have bought a counterfeit name brand card. They are more common than one may expect - Amazon Marketplace is a definite no-go place to buy cards.

Formatting and deleting in the device is also better practice.

The manufacturer’s recommended card list is always good starting place for troubleshooting problems of this type.

Offline eva18

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2024, 08:23:01 PM »
Thank all of you for taking your time to answer me.

well that was my first guess, that the card that came with it wasnt the best one (even thou its a sandisk 16gb)

i tried to used with a different one , but i guess it was my fault read compatible cards, because it was a sandisk evo 128Gb.

So today i get a new card a regular sandisk SD/HC 32gb (as roland recomend) and when i tried to formatt from the device directly it got freeze again

Offline seethreepo

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Resist Or Serve
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 12:16:12 PM »
Thank all of you for taking your time to answer me.

well that was my first guess, that the card that came with it wasnt the best one (even thou its a sandisk 16gb)

i tried to used with a different one , but i guess it was my fault read compatible cards, because it was a sandisk evo 128Gb.

So today i get a new card a regular sandisk SD/HC 32gb (as roland recomend) and when i tried to formatt from the device directly it got freeze again
try powering by usb  or DC vs batteries
"Never heard anyone say that music was the thing that fucked up their day" 
-Chris Robinson 1996-09-24
Mics:Schoeps Mk4, Sound Professionals - SP-CMC-8 , Marcsounds binaurals  Pre amps: Beyerdynamic MV-1 ,  Recorders:  Edirol R-44, Edirol R-09HR, Roland  R-05
Zoom H4N Pro

real recorder > phone
 external mics > Internal mics
 FOB > Taper Section
 HATS > better than Denied

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 02:51:20 PM »
Try formatting the card to FAT32 using a computer
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #9 on: Today at 11:57:49 AM »
I recently had an issue with my R-07 with a card that I had used in that deck for a long time. First, I got a message that the card could not be seen. I reformatted and then had a message upon starting to record that the card was too slow. It was a class 10 card I had used in the deck for years and sure enough it was skipping when I replayed that recording. I had a backup deck, so nothing lost, and the R-07 was fine using it for the 2nd set and the next night as I was on the road. I did upon return home, replace the card though with a new card and why the issue was a mystery, but it was the card and deck not liking each other. Was it seated slightly off? Are the contacts slightly worn on the card or in the deck? Only time will tell, but it happened only once but that was enough to take steps.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #10 on: Today at 12:21:00 PM »
Don't know if your card was very used or maybe old, but cards don't last forever.

I have heard some people think they can use SD cards for archival storage: Bad idea!

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #11 on: Today at 01:12:09 PM »
Cleaning the SD card contacts is the next thing I'd try.  That fixed card-related problems I was having with either an R07 or a DR2d, can't recall which, when the card itself was not the problem.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.094 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com