Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Nak MX100 Din plug replacement  (Read 3594 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Nak MX100 Din plug replacement
« on: January 28, 2005, 12:11:55 PM »
Someone posted a few days ago with a link to a website with a good din cord replacement for the MX100 and I can't find it. Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 11:32:21 AM by ts »

Offline ts

Re: Nak MX100 Din plug replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 11:31:42 AM »
Still looking for a 4pin din plug for this MX100. Tried RS and some local electronic supply houses. I'd like to try an find one before I go the hardwired route.

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 11:48:40 AM »
Still looking for a 4pin din plug for this MX100. Tried RS and some local electronic supply houses. I'd like to try an find one before I go the hardwired route.

tony;

try Pacific Radio Electronics in LA.  800-634-9476

ask for Miguel or Paul in sales.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline Mark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 12:08:02 PM »
I bought a Din connector at my local electronics shop.  $4 or so.  This was over a year ago.  It worked, but if you bumped the cable or connector too hard it would cause a bad connection where power was lost and quickly regained, causing a "gap" on the tape.  I was going to hardwire, but since sold the MX100 to Jimmc on this board.

Offline ts

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 12:12:12 PM »

tony;

try Pacific Radio Electronics in LA.  800-634-9476

ask for Miguel or Paul in sales.

marc

Thanks marc. I'm assuming what I should ask for is a 4pin mini din plug push on type(with cable?). The female recepticle on the MX100 measures .459. Should be a standard size, but I've read and heard from losammy that it's not an easy find.

Offline ts

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 12:14:48 PM »
I bought a Din connector at my local electronics shop.  $4 or so.  This was over a year ago.  It worked, but if you bumped the cable or connector too hard it would cause a bad connection where power was lost and quickly regained, causing a "gap" on the tape.  I was going to hardwire, but since sold the MX100 to Jimmc on this board.

Saw your post in another thread with link, no? Anyway, someone else posted in another thread about a week ago with a good find on a plug with a nice snug fit, also with a link, and I can't find it. I think it was buried in a non topic thread.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 12:17:23 PM by ts »

hexyjones

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 03:07:52 PM »
This might be what you are referring to...?

http://www.hosfelt.com/en-us/dept_173.html

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 04:35:01 PM »
If you guys are having all this trouble finding a well fitting DIN plug, why not replace the original DIN socket with a new panel mount connector wired in place of the original part, something for which you can get a properly mating plug?  You could put a locking connector in there and that would be better for field use anyway.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline ts

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 07:06:48 PM »
This might be what you are referring to...?

http://www.hosfelt.com/en-us/dept_173.html
Yep, that's the one. Thank-you :)

Offline ts

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 07:08:09 PM »
If you guys are having all this trouble finding a well fitting DIN plug, why not replace the original DIN socket with a new panel mount connector wired in place of the original part, something for which you can get a properly mating plug?  You could put a locking connector in there and that would be better for field use anyway.
You got a good point there, but I'm electronically challenged. Big Time! ;D

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2005, 07:08:41 PM »
then you shouldn't be running Naks!

;)
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 07:45:43 PM »

that would work grate, but if you're going to open it up, why not just go w/ los's hard wire job? 

although getting the new plugs is a pain, it leaves the mx-100 in "original" condition.   (think resale for up-grade)
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 10:15:09 AM »
Yeah, I understand your point about original condition.  But one could easily keep the oem part for a restoration just like people do with cars.   I'm just not a fan of pigtails hanging off boxes or non locking connectors for the field.

I had an MX100 with the original din cable so I never had to consider it.  But I've been reading about this DIN fit issue for at least 10 years and the solution seems so simple.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2005, 08:59:43 PM »
Yeah, I understand your point about original condition.  But one could easily keep the oem part for a restoration just like people do with cars.   I'm just not a fan of pigtails hanging off boxes or non locking connectors for the field.

I had an MX100 with the original din cable so I never had to consider it.  But I've been reading about this DIN fit issue for at least 10 years and the solution seems so simple.

the hosfelt connectors are a very tight fit, not locking, but tighter than any other non locking connection on my rig. i don't get to use it enough to say about the longevity of them, but you need a $5 min order for a $1 plug, or something like that. plus the shipping. w/ the original cable, that's all you need. w/ the pig tail, you could use almost any connectors you have handy,locking or otherwise,as long as it has atleast 4 pins. or wire it direct to the batt box.

i don't mean to be redundant, but there are pleanty of options. plus it finaly hit me what you were saying and it brings up a ?, finding a pannel mount plug that would fit properly. maybe not an issue, but wouldn't think the plug would be one either.   
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com