Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Pre-amp issues? Anyone around here work on Pre's?  (Read 2990 times)

Offline iriewsp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I have to pay for you to get it sounding good?
Pre-amp issues? Anyone around here work on Pre's?
« on: February 15, 2007, 05:33:52 PM »
So I bought a Hamptone HJFP2 Kit from Scott Hamptone back in November of 06.  I had a buddy from work put it together because I got lost in the parts.lol..  Anyway after completion of the kit the pre worked, but had some issues.  It just didnt sound right.  So we tried to trouble shoot it with Scott to see if it was a part or the construction.  Well Scott is very hard to work with and does not answer emails and we are still unable use this pre after over 2 months of trying to work with Scott on what the problem could be.  Anyway since he no longer wants to answer emails I am looking for someone else to help.  Does anyone on this board have any suggestions as to someone who could possibly work on and fix this issue?  We are pretty shure it is a power supply issue since the same issue is with both channels.    But we could be wrong.  It could be the construction or it could be a faulty part.  I really have no idea.  Im out of options though.  Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Mike
Taping Rig
AKG 451e ck1 (mid) AT 4050 (side)>V3>MT 24/96

Multi Track Rig
2 x Focosrite Octopre Platinum with adat expansion>003r>mac g4 power book
with assorted microphones

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Pre-amp issues? Anyone around here work on Pre's?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 06:06:57 PM »
So I bought a Hamptone HJFP2 Kit from Scott Hamptone back in November of 06.  I had a buddy from work put it together because I got lost in the parts.lol..  Anyway after completion of the kit the pre worked, but had some issues.  It just didnt sound right.  So we tried to trouble shoot it with Scott to see if it was a part or the construction.  Well Scott is very hard to work with and does not answer emails and we are still unable use this pre after over 2 months of trying to work with Scott on what the problem could be.  Anyway since he no longer wants to answer emails I am looking for someone else to help.  Does anyone on this board have any suggestions as to someone who could possibly work on and fix this issue?  We are pretty shure it is a power supply issue since the same issue is with both channels.    But we could be wrong.  It could be the construction or it could be a faulty part.  I really have no idea.  Im out of options though.  Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Mike

I can fix it for you..  Is it the FET version or the Tube version? I dont really work with tubes.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 06:10:12 PM by Church-Audio »
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline iriewsp

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 06:25:38 PM »
It is not the tube pre...

I'll pm you.. thanks.
Taping Rig

Multi Track Rig

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 09:58:32 PM »
bum - bum - bum!!!

chris church to the rescue!
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 11:43:02 PM »
I hope things worked out if not you can always send it to me. Did you get it fixed yet?

I did not forget about you.. :)

Offline iriewsp

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 03:26:45 PM »
I hope things worked out if not you can always send it to me. Did you get it fixed yet?

Chris thanks so much...   Yes the pre is up and running.  I was a phantom issue..   I ended up just taking it to Deltronics in Chicago...   They diagnosed, and fixed it for 20 bucks.  Im happy.  I just dont know if I really like the pre or not yet...  Havnt found anything I really like it with other than overheads..

Thanks
Taping Rig

Multi Track Rig

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 04:28:22 PM »

Chris thanks so much...   Yes the pre is up and running.  I was a phantom issue..   I ended up just taking it to Deltronics in Chicago...   They diagnosed, and fixed it for 20 bucks.  Im happy.  I just dont know if I really like the pre or not yet...  Havnt found anything I really like it with other than overheads..

Thanks

Glad it worked out for you. I really did not do much no need to thank me... I am sorry you dont like the sound of it. Maybe someone could mod it for you?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com