Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Warning for R1 users - regarding menu settings  (Read 1903 times)

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Warning for R1 users - regarding menu settings
« on: November 08, 2005, 02:33:14 AM »
Be careful with this. I left dead batteries in the unit from the last time I taped on Thursday until tonight. I had the menu settings set with Record Type = 24bit wav since I got this replacement unit in Sept and never had to change it. Tonight when I started taping the intro music before the show, I started the file and it said 192kHz mp3. So the internal memory that holds the menu settings get wiped out if you leave dead batteries in the unit. Even when I changed batteries before this, it never reset my menu settings so there must be some mechanism to store the menu settings when replacing batteries if the time isn't a certain threshold.

Offline Evil Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Going pro...no time for taping now
Re: Warning for R1 users - regarding menu settings
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 05:33:07 AM »
i had this happen for QOTSA at NIN too, but i don't know how since i even set the shit to 24bit before i started taping.  be neurotic and check your settings before any taping from now on. :P
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: Warning for R1 users - regarding menu settings
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 06:17:49 PM »
same has happened here.

strange little quirk.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.115 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com