Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sound Devices MIX PRE v 302  (Read 2463 times)

Offline cavernut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Sound Devices MIX PRE v 302
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:20:07 AM »
I have been extremely happy with my MIX PRE for almost a year now. I can thank the people on this board for helping me decide on this PRE in the first place. It truly does give definition to the phrase "Inky Blackness". However, now i find myself needing at least one more input and possibly a few more, for Business purposes. I know some people will not agree with mixing business and pleasure, but as the economy slides into the 5th layer of hell I can no longer have it all. I was wondering if the SD 302 has all the same sonic properties as the mix pre? I noticed it does have an additional mix out which is a good thing, i actually plan to use this with a MT2 and a Panasonic XDCAM both of which have balanced Inputs, so two sets of PGM outs will save me from having to use a line splitter. I thank you for all words of wisdom, keeping in mind I do not want to compromise the quality i get out of the MIX PRE.

Thank You ,

Michael Foy

Offline sparkey

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Sound Devices MIX PRE v 302
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 07:27:01 AM »
I've never used the MixPre, but have found Sound Devices tech support to be friendly and helpful.  You might just give them a call.

I have been extremely happy with my MIX PRE for almost a year now. I can thank the people on this board for helping me decide on this PRE in the first place. It truly does give definition to the phrase "Inky Blackness". However, now i find myself needing at least one more input and possibly a few more, for Business purposes. I know some people will not agree with mixing business and pleasure, but as the economy slides into the 5th layer of hell I can no longer have it all. I was wondering if the SD 302 has all the same sonic properties as the mix pre? I noticed it does have an additional mix out which is a good thing, i actually plan to use this with a MT2 and a Panasonic XDCAM both of which have balanced Inputs, so two sets of PGM outs will save me from having to use a line splitter. I thank you for all words of wisdom, keeping in mind I do not want to compromise the quality i get out of the MIX PRE.

Thank You ,

Michael Foy
#Generalstrike for president in 2024

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com