Gear / Technical Help > Cables

color coding neutrik xlrs

<< < (2/3) > >>

voltronic:
Checht, I would agree with others that the official Neutrik boots would be easier to see, and I also recommend numbers or other label indicators on the metal shells for a long snake.

If you do decide to drill out the centers of the printed Gotham caps, let us know how it goes. They aren't printed that way because they are intended to just be a cap while the metal shell gets drilled, but I'm interested in possibly drilling the centers for a future build.

morst:

--- Quote from: checht on March 27, 2023, 06:46:51 PM ---Numbers would need to be at least .5" tall for me to read them, I have serious optical nerve neuropathy that gets me close to legally blind. Fun fun fun, but at least I can see my grandmonsters' faces. So, colors are more reliable.

--- End quote ---
I was thinking the numbers should be 3/4" or a full inch high.
I usually use white tape and a sharpie for temporary installs, but since you're building a snake, it's gotta be solid.
Colors will be fine for a 4-channel snake, might I suggest going from dark-to-light when wiring? Purple red orange yellow or some-such plan?

For larger projects, I don't think colors scale well, so I'll keep my eye out for readable solutions while I'm on the job (yes, my day job often involves cables and such lol!)

Ronmac:
For higher visibility you could also colour match the boots with a length of heat shrink or techflex on the cable.

SMsound:

--- Quote from: Ronmac on March 28, 2023, 07:01:22 AM ---For higher visibility you could also colour match the boots with a length of heat shrink or techflex on the cable.

--- End quote ---

Add Neutrik Rings to match the boots, and then color-code the heatshrink. Sumito Sumitube comes in a lot of colors and it works great. You can buy it by the foot:

https://www.performanceaudio.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=sumitube

wehideandseek:
Totally backwoods but in the past i've used strips of gaffe tape: two rings around each end of a cable = rt; one = left. Could feel my way in a pitch black setting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version