Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 744t Firewire Connected-no drive icon on mac?  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA collection
744t Firewire Connected-no drive icon on mac?
« on: June 27, 2010, 09:53:57 AM »
Hey Guys-

I'm trying to dump some files off a 744t and I have never used one before.  I connected it to my mac via the firewire cable but it never mounts the drive to my desktop.  Now the 744t is stuck saying "Firewire Connected" and I can't power it down.  An yhelp would be appreciated.

Edit to add: I think it might be a firewire issue with Snow Leopard and my older iMac.  I might just try to learn how to copy the files onto a CF card if that's easy enough?
Thanks
Jesse
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:32:00 AM by Jesse Hurlburt »
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: 744t Firewire Connected-no drive icon on mac?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 05:23:18 AM »
Well, step one is to go to the root (top) level in the finder. Perhaps it's just not showing the drive on the desktop but it is still accessible in the finder? Open any finder window, Apple-2 to go to list mode, then apple up-arrow repeatedly until you are at the top. See it?

If not, then step two will be to open Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility and see if it shows up on the left side as plugged in or mounted.

If it doesn't show up there, try testing it on another mac to see if it's your firewire cable or port.
Any luck?

edit: I guess it's called Command-2 then Command-up-arrow.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 09:29:35 AM »
open Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility and see if it shows up on the left side as plugged in or mounted.

My 722 will only display either the hdd or the cf card while it's in the 722 and connected via firewire. At one point in time it did both, but something changed. I'm missing one in the finder, and I've gotten in the habit of hunting elsewhere to unmount it each time.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • CAR RAMROD
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 10:35:19 AM »
I think the new firmware took care of that issue. The 7XX used to mount all drives that were present whether "active" or "inactive" and then in one of the firmwares (2.65) they added mounting of only "active" drives. Glad to see it is back to normal though as this was how it behaved the first few years I had mine. I guess one of the firmwares they introduced a few years ago changed it to connect every device.

I know there have been firewire issues with certain Macs OSX versions and 7XX's. You might want to search the SD supports forums.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:40:01 AM by mmedley. »
I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com