Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART III**  (Read 85185 times)

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART III**
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2005, 11:52:45 AM »
bummer about no digi-out. that adds $2k to my high res recorder purchase.

Get a lot of patchers at those baroque perfomances?
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2005, 11:53:38 AM »
bummer about no digi-out. that adds $2k to my high res recorder purchase.

Get a lot of patchers at those baroque perfomances?

all armed with MD's and bics...

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2005, 12:08:55 PM »
I'm looking to use the dvra1000 as my offload device rather than a computer. Its at realtime, but thats fines, its not often that I'm crunched for time after the performance, so a 1x transfer is fine.

the marantz pmd-671 has digital input and output.  and while more expensive than the M-audio device, certainly not $2k more.

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2005, 12:20:12 PM »
Get a optical>coax format converter (now there's a switch) and you've got one more.

the hosa box works both ways :coolguy:
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2005, 12:36:40 PM »
I'm looking to use the dvra1000 as my offload device rather than a computer. Its at realtime, but thats fines, its not often that I'm crunched for time after the performance, so a 1x transfer is fine.

the marantz pmd-671 has digital input and output. and while more expensive than the M-audio device, certainly not $2k more.

but they are quite a bit larger, correct?
I'd like to keep it as small as I can.

keeping fingers crossed for a nice tight little portable dsd recorder from tas.

yes, the marantz is bigger than the M-Audio.  compared to the V3 & the m-audio microtrack
V3 = 6" x 8.3" x 1.6"
microtrack = 2.25" X 4.13" X 1.13"
pmd-671 = 7.3" x 10.4" x 2"

Offline udovdh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2005, 12:39:53 PM »
Any know good European distributors carrying this device at a *nice* price?  ???
It appears my contact here is unable to help me get me a US device cheaply...  :(

Please
PM me if you can help me! :-\

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2005, 01:30:58 PM »
Page 1 of this thread has been updated.  Please keep the info coming as well as vendor prices so we can update it.  I have gotten a few PM's about info so I would suggest that if you have info please PM me with it so we don't take up more thread with double info!  Thanks!

Most of you have already grazed through all three of these threads already but please check out page 1 before you start asking questions as I think (hope) that most questions have been answered there.

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2005, 02:48:31 PM »
Just a thought but could the ( L-M-H) slider be for the backlight display?  I don't see a button for the backlight ala D8.  Could also possibly be in a sub menu like the Ipod.   I was wondering for battery reasons and haven't some folks found the Sony backlights to cause noise in some cases?   

Also I wonder if this recorder will fall prey to cell phone noise like alot of the portable DAT's do?  Anyone had the problem with a PDR or 722? 

Ray76

« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2005, 02:50:47 PM »
Just a thought but could the ( L-M-H) slider be for the backlight display?  I don't see a button for the backlight ala D8.  Could also possibly be in a sub menu like the Ipod.   I was wondering for battery reasons and haven't some folks found the Sony backlights to cause noise in some cases?   

Also I wonder if this recorder will fall prey to cell phone noise like alot of the portable DAT's do?  Anyone had the problem with a PDR or 722? 

I had my cellphone ring during the BPB concert the other night...it was right beside my 722...no problems.

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2005, 03:19:03 PM »

A friend of mine thinks he has had this problem with the Edirol R1, when the cell-phone is up against the jacket pocket that has the R1.  I'm a walking fossil who doesn't carry a cell phone, so I've never had the problem with the R1.  I must say, the noise he picked up was very odd and not particularly cell-phonish to my ears.

Jeff

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2005, 03:31:02 PM »
Just a thought but could the ( L-M-H) slider be for the backlight display? I don't see a button for the backlight ala D8. Could also possibly be in a sub menu like the Ipod.

Yeah, it's in the menus. Look at the menus at the bottom of this page: http://m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrack2496-main.html

The top-left menu has a backlight setting, and it allows you to choose the contrast AND how long it's on for. And without that switch, there's no way of switching between mic and line unless it's in the menus somewhere, but I doubt that. My guess is the backlight goes on whenever you push a button...
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2005, 03:40:29 PM »
A friend of mine thinks he has had this problem with the Edirol R1, when the cell-phone is up against the jacket pocket that has the R1.  I'm a walking fossil who doesn't carry a cell phone, so I've never had the problem with the R1.  I must say, the noise he picked up was very odd and not particularly cell-phonish to my ears.

Jeff

The noise I am referring to is not a ring per se but more a sound of the cell phone checking to make sure it has service. Almost like a pulsing sound.  You can hear what it sounds like if you put a cell up next to a computer speaker.  Wait i minute or two and it will make a sound if the phone searching for a network.  I have had a couple of tapes pick up this noise.  It's more prevelant with my D10 but is still there with the D8.

Is it a magnetic tape head that is picking it up or something else?

Offline §†∑∫åµÞ≥¥

• You can call me Steve.
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2005, 03:41:15 PM »
oh brother without cellphone. two dinosaurs roam this forum!

make that 3... although I might be joining the "revolution" soon...

now back to your regularly scheduled MicroTrack discussion.....
"Absurdity is the only reality." - FZ

LMA recordings
www.nutritionbulk.com

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2005, 03:43:23 PM »
there's a simple solution to the cellphone problem...turn it off, if you're stealthing a show, why are you on the phone to begin with?  :P

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2005, 03:44:32 PM »
i think l-m-h might be line-mic-?? (maybe the word for digi-in starts with an H wherever these are being developed)
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.115 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com