Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: the new portables  (Read 2185 times)

Offline flatfootflewzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
the new portables
« on: February 26, 2008, 05:45:04 PM »
anyone familiar with Zoom H-2: 2-Channel Compact 24-bit WAV/MP3 Recorder

Edirol R-09 and Zoom H-4 in Stock!

Trying to find out the purpose? Smaller version for stealth?

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: the new portables
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 07:19:45 PM »
See http://www.2090.org/zoom/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=9552 - both posts in the thread - for immediate H2 details and info.

Offline cybergaloot

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Poohbah!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 07:41:00 PM »
I'm not sure what you are after but I have an H2. For around $200US its not a bad recorder as long as you don't try to use the external mic port. I don't think there anything entry level that can beat that price. And I guess technically its a four channel recorder, four if you record in surround mode. You don't have to reduce that to stereo, but you can do that internally if you wish. For lowpro you can't get much more discrete. Its not a bad recorder straight out of the box. But you get what you pay for and there are other, better recorders depending on your needs.

So what do mean by "Trying to find out the purpose?" About the only recorder it goes head to head with it is the Edirol R-09. No mystery there, just two different companies building similar recorders. They are competing for that slice of the market. The R-09 seems to be more respected but I think that is mainly by people who have dismissed the H2 unfairly. The H-4 is a somewhat different beast all together and has its own advantages and disadvantages.
--
Walter

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

this>that>the other

Offline professorhalfbaked

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 06:31:02 AM »
About the only recorder it goes head to head with it is the Edirol R-09. No mystery there, just two different companies building similar recorders. They are competing for that slice of the market.

The R09 is not the only recorder in the same class (relatively inexpensive flash recorders with internal mics) as the Zoom H2.  Others include the Olympus LS-10, Marantz PMD620, Sony PCM-D50, Tascam DR-1, Fostex FR2-LE, and Kenwood MGR-A7 (although I am unsure if this has been released yet).  Probably missed something in there too.  They are all sort of similar, but each has it's pluses and minuses...
What the heck was that for?  Jerk-off...

Offline sunjan

• Needs to get out more...
  • Taping since 1988, 28 years of fine recordings...
    • Just a handful of stuff I put on etree
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 08:42:04 AM »
anyone familiar with Zoom H-2: 2-Channel Compact 24-bit WAV/MP3 Recorder

Trying to find out the purpose? Smaller version for stealth?

There are lots of previous posts here about the H2, just use the search function and all your questions will be answered.
When it comes to "smaller version for stealth", you should think hard whether you want to run external mics. In that case, there are other stealthable recorders with more reliable mic/line in (mentioned above).
Mics: A-51s LE, CK 930, Line Audo CM3, AT853Rx (hc,c,sc),  ECM 121, ECM 909A
Pres: Tinybox, CA-9100, UA5 wmod
Recorders: M10, H116 (CF mod), H340, NJB3
Gearbag: High Sierra Corkscrew
MD transfers: MZ-RH1. Tape transfers: Nak DR-1
Photo rig: Nikon D70, 18-70mm/3.5-4.5, SB-800

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com