Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Any New Equipment only Available in Japan??

(1/4) > >>

timP:
very sorry to blow up this place on my 1st day, but I have been waiting to find a resource like this for awhile, and questions just are poppin...
I do alot of blues trading with a guy in Toykyo who does alot of taping there.. he just got all of Neil Young's tour there sneak-a-tpae style.

I could get him to hook me up with some of the latest stuff if I know what to ask for. Are the portable harddrive recorders that blow away US models.. thanks

zhianosatch:
We're askin' you!

Cooker:
typically, the only things taper-related that are JDM (japan domestic market) only are minidisc recorders and laptops.

Tim:
you used to be able to get DAT decks pretty cheaply over there, I'd imagine you could find some good deals on the viao and fujitsu and toshiba sub-notebooks

Scuba Jeremy:
Not to mention really freakin' small laptops. There is an American distributor here that sells litte Japanese laptops with American software pre-installed. If you're looking to get into laptop taping, that might be fun.

Out of curiosity, how does the Dollar stack up against the Yen? Is it worth importing stuff through a friend that you can normally get here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version