Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: hitting the frequency switch while recording  (Read 4969 times)

Offline jhirte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • At ease atleast yeah.
Re: hitting the frequency switch while recording
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 04:47:39 PM »
ack!

I can say I've also done this ONCE (I've since taped the selector to 48Khz on my D8).

With mine, it was weird, there was a drop out for like <1sec, then it continued recording. The problem only really became a big issue when transferring to PC (using Cool Edit Pro and an ECHO MIA MIDI card) Once the tape hit the 32Khz poiint, I got nothing but static on the recording. Solution: Once it hit the 32Khz part on tape, I stopped recording on PC, played 1 sec of tape so the card knew what freq it was, then started recording again. Worked out great.
Only other problem, was the fact I was using Sony DG60P's at the time (this was the last show I ran them actually!) so the tape had a bunch of drop outs (well, not a ton, but enough to irritate me) and also some digi noise here and there... (no probs after switching to Maxell HS4's, so it wasn't the deck).

anyway, hope this helps.

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: hitting the frequency switch while recording
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 10:58:28 PM »
thanx for the replies, guys

armen and I are pretty convinced that the noises are on the tape and there's nothing we can do about it.  Still wanna transfer it because it sounds so bad ass

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com