Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audio test of D3s  (Read 1719 times)

Offline skimmel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Audio test of D3s
« on: September 24, 2010, 10:17:38 AM »
First, I want to thank the members of this forum for all of their useful advice and answers to my questions about sound recording when using my DSLR.

I just purchased a Sound Devices SD302 to use with my Nikon D3s and it's terrific!  I have posted a brief comparison of recording directly to the D3s recorder using several different methods:  using built-in mic, using rode ntg-2 into the D3s, using rode ntg-2 into the SD302 then the 302 into the nikon, and using the rode ntg-2 into a zoom h4n then into the nikon via the headphone output of the zoom.

The test is assuming that one is doing a run and gun with the mic on the camera (not ideal, but practical).  I am working on comparisons with the mic closer to the subject and may try to post those as well.

I've posted the results here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsOU3CWO7t4

Bottom line: the SD302 works very well with the Nikon.  I set the output attenuation on the 302 to -40db, set the Nikon audio to manual level 1,  and run the meter levels on the SD302 at around 14-16 and it works very well.

Hope this is helpful/interesting.

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Re: Audio test of D3s
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 08:10:33 PM »
Stick around a while...... :D........but I am warning you, its addicting.....you'll learn lots.......meet seriously cool people and spend way to much on tickets and gear.... ;D

OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline skimmel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Audio test of D3s
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 09:57:11 AM »
Stick around a while...... :D........but I am warning you, its addicting.....you'll learn lots.......meet seriously cool people and spend way to much on tickets and gear.... ;D

OOK

Thanks for the warning but I'm afraid it's too late!  I'm clearly hooked! I need a 2nd job to support this. But, at least there's the really cool people out there!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com