Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: concealable (compact) stands and 4022 shockmounts?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline manamana

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
concealable (compact) stands and 4022 shockmounts?
« on: December 24, 2006, 03:32:08 PM »
A stealthy stand - an oxymoron, I know. Occasionally though, I go to a show not knowing if open taping is allowed or not, or where the doormen haven't been informed of an open taping policy. It would be great to have a really compact stand that I could tape to my shin or stash in the bottom of a messenger bag until I get a chance to talk to the soundguy/manager and make sure everything's cool. if not, then I can leave it alone and just run the hat.

I would guess that this would be something that is ~16 inches long (maybe 18" max) folded up and at least 7' tall (but taller is better). Doesn't have to hold alot of weight, just some 4022s. All the photographic light stands we normally use seem to be geared for much heavier duty uses. Is there another class of stand that's geared for lighter duty stuff?

Also - are there any shockmount alternatives to the CSM4000 for 4022s? about to buy a pair but was wondering if there was something cheaper.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 03:46:57 PM by manamana »
4022s > SX-M2 > Sony M10

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
Re: concealable (compact) stands and 4022 shockmounts?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 05:19:07 PM »
Check the specks of the Bogen 3373, it might fit your bill if you have a larger messengerbag.  Otherwise maybe look into a monopod for photography.
mics & cameras

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com