Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Data DVD-R's: How much verification is necessary?  (Read 4602 times)

Offline Liquid Drum

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Data DVD-R's: How much verification is necessary?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 10:13:37 AM »
When everyone is talking about running the md5 checks, I assume that is only on the flac portions.  Is there some way to verify the accuracy of the writing of the masters themselves, other than Nero verifying?

I've done this occasionally, but it adds more time to the verification process. What I do is drag and drop the file from the disc I've just burnt onto my desktop. It won't copy if there is any errors.

You can always MD5 the wavs too though. Or you could do both, depends on how much time you want to spend verifying each disc.
Mics:
AT933/C

Batt-Boxes, Pre-amps:
CA-9100

Recorders:
Edirol R-09
iRiver H120 (CF Modded)
Sony MZ-RH910 Hi-MD

Video: Canon HV20 E

Offline fogelsong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 02:32:03 PM »
Plextor drives and Taiyo Yuden media.  I've been using both since 2001 and can still count the number of coasters I've burnt on one hand.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 03:49:42 PM »
I've done this occasionally, but it adds more time to the verification process. What I do is drag and drop the file from the disc I've just burnt onto my desktop. It won't copy if there is any errors.

The data could be corrupted by a DMA transfer problem and it would not result in any disc errors.

I have a PC that has infrequent DMA corruption problems on the mainboard ATA controller.  Pretty nasty. It is a VIA based system. I no longer use that controller.

You have ugly stories about food, I have ugly stories about data corruption ;)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com