Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Modern Power Options for Edirol R-44  (Read 2709 times)

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
Modern Power Options for Edirol R-44
« on: August 18, 2022, 06:37:42 PM »
I've been nursing a stable of DVD batteries these past few years, but I know I'll soon have to find a new solution.

What's best, guys?  Talentcell or other?
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
Re: Modern Power Options for Edirol R-44
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 09:55:00 PM »
Talentcells have been the go to for many of us the last few years. Quite a bit a chatter regarding them in the last R-44 thread.

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=153957.495

edit - Just make sure the (reverse) polarity is correct before powering up.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 09:56:50 PM by audBall »
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant »  aercomp2 ■ v2-3 ■ sx-m2d2
dpa 4061 » mma-a.6000
d100 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:41:01 AM by capnhook »

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 11:19:59 AM »
Sure thing. That cable is very handy and the talentcell will run the recorder for many hours.

If you have a multimeter, I suggest double-checking the polarity of the cable before powering up out of an abundance of caution, but you should be good to go.
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant »  aercomp2 ■ v2-3 ■ sx-m2d2
dpa 4061 » mma-a.6000
d100 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 01:18:05 PM »
Sure thing. That cable is very handy and the talentcell will run the recorder for many hours.

If you have a multimeter, I suggest double-checking the polarity of the cable before powering up out of an abundance of caution, but you should be good to go.

Absolutely!  Thanks audBall.

Make great tapes.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com