Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audacity OSX questions please (VX Pocket incl)  (Read 1573 times)

cleantone

• Trade Count: (0)
Audacity OSX questions please (VX Pocket incl)
« on: March 28, 2005, 10:05:50 AM »
I still use OS9 for audio apps. I would like to use OSX for things like dumping a DAT and compressing to FLAC for data backups. I d/l audacity today. I thought I was having trouble routing the audio for some reason. I have a P1>coax>VX Pocket and have the VX Control set to digital input and VX Pocket selected as input source in audacity. I wasn't getting the feed and couldn't understand why. Then I raised the input fader with the mic icon and it was there. I only want to dump some DAT's. No editing or mastering. Why would I have to put the input level fader to .7 to get good signal? That looks to me like it's boosting the level. Put it up to 1.0 and it's overdriving it. I would assume 0.0 would be no "boost" and pass the signal at the level it is on my DAT's. Why is that not the case? I don't like how the volume doesn't seem to be the same as on my DAT's. Is this even taken bit perfect data? I feel like it might be resampling. Are there any freebie alternative for merely dumping DAT's to AIFF in OSX?

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
Re: Audacity OSX questions please (VX Pocket incl)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 10:17:06 AM »
Seek out Spark XL. Not really answering your questions. But I really found audacity to be a pain in the ass. Amadeus was a pain as well. Sound Studio worked ok. But Spark XL was the only one that seemed to work right.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

cleantone

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 10:44:17 AM »
I know alot of people use audacity here. I assume there doing digital transfers. Doesn't anyone know why you would have to put the input up 2/3 of the way for the level to be normal?

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 02:37:07 PM »
pm me if you are interested in peak.  it has been working perfectly for me in osx for dat transfers.

curious why you still use OS9 for all your audio apps?  Personal preference?  Or am I missing something...

h
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com