Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Line in on M-Audio FIrewire 410  (Read 1744 times)

Offline sokiN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Line in on M-Audio FIrewire 410
« on: July 03, 2009, 06:49:31 AM »
Hello everyone..
I recently got myself a macbook and this allowed me to be able to run my M-Audio Firewire 410 sound card without the need for the power supply. I think that this should be happening with my previous hp laptop as well, but this wasn't the case. Either way what I'd like to ask is whether someone has ever used the line in inputs on this card in conjuction with  external pre-amps. Does it sound any good? The card itself has two microphone pre-amps and can provide phantom power but these pre-amps are too noisy for me...

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
Re: Line in on M-Audio FIrewire 410
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 07:02:38 AM »
ive used the firewire 410 quite a bit, but it was about 5 years ago

i always thought the stock pre's werent too bad, but i ended up talking Doug Oade into mod'ing a box specifically for me and he worked his magic on it

i never got around to running the extra inputs. i almost recall that all but 2 extra inputs may have been disabled for some reason on my mod'd box

Offline sokiN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 08:32:20 AM »
i always thought the stock pre's werent too bad, but i ended up talking Doug Oade into mod'ing a box specifically for me and he worked his magic on it

Other people have told me too that they don't find the stock pre's bad and thismakes me think I probably have a faulty unit since the self noise in the higher range is very high. I'll try to find another card and see what is going on.

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 02:55:41 AM »
i know i was running the mod'd 410 the summer of 2004. im not sure how many shows i taped with the stock 410 tho. not very many. i know i started talking with Doug about mod'ing a unit for me right about the same time i got the stock unit, he must have been slow around that time as he mod'd one from scratch for me in just a few weeks time

il see if i can dig up any shows i taped with it stock. i either had AKG 480s or ADK TL's when i got the 410

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com