Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: alesis hd24  (Read 2418 times)

Offline im hungover

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
alesis hd24
« on: May 11, 2010, 11:25:28 PM »
thinking about getting one of these since ive ben wanting to start dabbling in the multitrack world... any thoughts on this machine?
Mics: Oktava MK-012, ADK S51, AT853 (cards)

Decks: Fostex FR2-LE & Tascam DR40

Offline gtalife

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: alesis hd24
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 03:01:51 PM »
i have one....served me well for live work....the HD24 is now a great starter rig for multitrack, look out for some great deals on ebay. Depending on your budget, try and pick the XR, it has better converters, there is a fantastic and very active HD24 Yahoo news group here: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/hd24/

Offline mepaca

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
  • taperssection member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 03:07:17 PM »
I have the Hd24xr to use as a backup to my computer rig. I also bring it on it's own if I am going multi-track out of the board. It is rock solid
reliable and sounds great too. Make sure to get the optional fireport to get files onto your computer.
Good luck

Offline im hungover

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 03:52:41 PM »
awesome thanks for all the info... would be manly using this to multitrack off the board for shows and maybe record demo's of my band.
Mics: Oktava MK-012, ADK S51, AT853 (cards)

Decks: Fostex FR2-LE & Tascam DR40

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 06:38:27 PM »
I've been thinking of grabbing one too.   How do you generally hook up?  Especially on SBD's that don't have a direct out on each channel?  The ones I frequent have groups which the sound guy doesn't bother to use.  The one at my local bar does not have individual outs, but I guess I could push 1/4" plugs into the inserts, only going into the first click?  Do you use splitter snakes? 
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

Offline mepaca

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
  • taperssection member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 07:16:24 PM »
I've been thinking of grabbing one too.   How do you generally hook up?  Especially on SBD's that don't have a direct out on each channel?  The ones I frequent have groups which the sound guy doesn't bother to use.  The one at my local bar does not have individual outs, but I guess I could push 1/4" plugs into the inserts, only going into the first click?  Do you use splitter snakes? 
Plugging in to the first click of the insert channel with a trs plug is fine. The signal will be unbalanced but that will hardly matter with short cables. I do not use splitter snakes.

Offline fobstl

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 09:25:10 PM »
I have used one of these on 2 different occasions to do live 24 track recordings from the direct outs of a board. I also synced a 722 via the word clock to add a 25th and 26th channel stereo aud - these 2 channels just had to be lined up with the rest in post. I found the unit very easy to use and I'm very happy with the results.

The audio in the video linked below is from one of these recordings. I can't claim the mix which was done by the band's engineer in a studio but I did record it.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1240355848787&comments=

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com