Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: All in One - Atrix 4G  (Read 2709 times)

KeyPress

• Trade Count: (0)
All in One - Atrix 4G
« on: March 18, 2011, 12:01:32 AM »
When it comes to many features, do you think Atrix phone is a good choice for recording phone conversations and using it as a tape recorder for like in class lectures? I would like an all-around device that can be used for many things. Instead of buying a stand-alone digital recorder, I thought the Atrix would have them. Specifically, phone, text, voice recorder, scrambling of numbers, voice changer, call blocker, and translator? Translation as in where someone speaks into the phone and 3rd party software translates their voice to the users native language.

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: All in One - Atrix 4G
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 12:10:39 AM »
When it comes to many features, do you think Atrix phone is a good choice for recording phone conversations and using it as a tape recorder for like in class lectures? I would like an all-around device that can be used for many things. Instead of buying a stand-alone digital recorder, I thought the Atrix would have them. Specifically, phone, text, voice recorder, scrambling of numbers, voice changer, call blocker, and translator? Translation as in where someone speaks into the phone and 3rd party software translates their voice to the users native language.

It should do ok for most of that, but most androids will perform the same IMHO. Speech > Text (in a native language) is still shaky though, but will improve over time.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: All in One - Atrix 4G
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 01:22:14 AM »
I hate to be old school but since I have not had a cell phone (only about 3 months now) I do NOT miss it. I like coming home and hearing messages on my voicemail (I have an asterisk system) and picking up a phone and hearing a dial tone. The phone you linked looks nice but do you really want a cell phone? ;)
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com