Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

My First Tape : Eaten by D8

(1/5) > >>

bhadella:
Ha! Ha!  Now I know why so many people hate the shells on Sony DDS tapes....I patched from the board for Ray's Music Exchange last night.  I used a 90m tape because I was worried that they wouldn't take a setbreak.  I finish recording, eject the tape and it is tight coming out.  I give a gentle tug and the tape comes out, with the casing a little open and the tape cut from it rubbing against the hinges of the door....What precautions (outside of not using 90 meter tapes and Sony tapes) can I take so that this doesn't happen again?

Thanks

Brian

Chuck:
(outside of not using 90 meter tapes and Sony tapes)
 ::)
That's it right there.  ;)

nickgregory:
some decks just dont play nice with Sony DDS tapes...

bhadella:
I knew I was playing w/ fire but didn't think I would get burned the first time...Is it best to always pull the tape immediately after your done?  Would a warm deck (especially the walkman style) heat the casing/shell making it a pain?  Would I create more issues for myself by leaving the tape in till I got home? ???

Thanks again for everything.  If it wasn't for TS, I wouldn't have know that Sony and 90 meter tapes were trouble......even if I ignored the warnings.. :P

Brian

leegeddy:

--- Quote from: nickgregory on December 11, 2003, 12:52:36 PM ---some decks just dont play nice with Sony DDS tapes...

--- End quote ---

Sony D100?
Sony M1?
Sony PCM-R500?
Sony PCM-2600?

never 1 single issue in playing over 400 DDS tapes.

could it be the users' fault and we tend to blame the equipment when things go airy?  

marc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version