Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Brickwalling on DAP1

(1/3) > >>

Swampy:
So, lastnight @ moe. I brickwalled the whole first set. If Im running mics > DAP1, should I be running the pad most of the time??? How do I know when I should run it??? THANKS!

radioboy1977:
are you saying that you ran your mics directly into the P1?  if so, i think that's generally considered a bad idea when using a P1 that hasn't been modified which, to the best of my knowledge, the one you're running hasn't.  it has something do do with a crappy pre-amp in the P1.  i'll take the blame for this one because i don't remember telling you not to use the P1 as a preamp.  sorry about that, alex.  you can kick me in the nuts at ratdog tomorrow night for not telling you :o

radioboy1977:
are you saying that you ran your mics directly into the P1?  if so, i think that's generally considered a bad idea when using a P1 that hasn't been modified which, to the best of my knowledge, the one you're running hasn't.  it has something do do with a crappy pre-amp in the P1.  i'll take the blame for this one because i don't remember telling you not to use the P1 as a preamp.  sorry about that, alex.  you can kick me in the nuts at ratdog tomorrow night for not telling you :o

radioboy1977:
how the hell did that happen ???

Swampy:
I really didnt want to run right into the P1, but I made a post tuesday asking how to make 1/4 > XLR cables to go into the P1 because the rcas were giving me problems, and everyone was like "run mics straight into P1." They said somthing about it being bad to run through 2 pres and I was like, fuck it, Ill just run right into the d1. Oh well... Im deffinatly gonna run Mixpad > p1 for ratdog...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version