Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Re: TASCAM DR-680 portable 8-track #5  (Read 102566 times)

Online jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Spreadicated
Re: TASCAM DR-680 portable 8-track #5
« Reply #300 on: July 19, 2013, 11:14:36 AM »
That is correct and we have run that way before, but when running the V3 digi in we couldn't seem to get the SBD feed to the Digi output.  It worked fine when using analog pres.
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER | Neumann kk 184 (matched)> Nbob/PFA
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline lukpac

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #301 on: July 19, 2013, 11:16:02 AM »
We have run that way before, but when running the V3 digi in we couldn't seem to get the SBD feed to the Digi output.  It worked fine when using analog pres.

I suppose I can hook up my ART DI/O and see what happens. I've tested digital input before, but I've never checked the digital output.

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
« Reply #302 on: July 19, 2013, 11:17:38 AM »
That is correct and we have run that way before, but when running the V3 digi in we couldn't seem to get the SBD feed to the Digi output.  It worked fine when using analog pres.

Did you get NOTHING or the V3 input on the Digi out?

This must be heaven -- 'cause here's where the rainbow ends
If this ain't the real thing, then it's close enough to pretend

Online jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Spreadicated
« Reply #303 on: July 19, 2013, 11:33:25 AM »
It was about a month ago and I was  :drunk: so I don't remember exactly, but I think it was sending the V3 signal. 

Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER | Neumann kk 184 (matched)> Nbob/PFA
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #304 on: July 19, 2013, 02:57:19 PM »
OK now I have a file saving error and I am 100% sure I hit stop before powering down.  Have tried the homegrown header reapair, DOS fix and reapir functions and photorec.  anyone ever find a solid way to recover these lost files.  I am sort pissed and you know TASCAM don't give a shit

Offline lukpac

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #305 on: July 19, 2013, 03:03:19 PM »
OK now I have a file saving error and I am 100% sure I hit stop before powering down.  Have tried the homegrown header reapair, DOS fix and reapir functions and photorec.  anyone ever find a solid way to recover these lost files.  I am sort pissed and you know TASCAM don't give a shit

Was the unit responsive when you powered down?

The first time I recorded a show with my DR-08 it had locked up and wouldn't let me do anything. I think I had to pull the batteries to get it to turn off. The card appeared to be empty, but after running chkdsk and importing manually with Audacity I was able to get the recording.

Offline JimmieC

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #306 on: July 19, 2013, 03:25:33 PM »
Recently I had some files that were recovered successful with the DOS repair and audacity.  All of them were successfully recover with just chkdsk, renamed file extension to WAV, and dragged WAV into CD Wave Editor. 
OH Grown
Mic:AKG C460B(CK61)/HM1000(CK32/CK47), Naiant Couplings/PFA, ADK-TL; Preamp:Lunatec V2, Naiant Littlebox v1.5; Rec:Tascam DA-P1/DR-100mkii/DR-680; Cable:GAKcables; Bar:Shure A27M, Robb Bar 23-cm, it-goes-to-eleven DINa Active Bar, GAK 3' Bar; Mount:Shure A53M, Audix MC-MICRO; Clamp:AKG K&M 237, Photek Grip Clamp w/Manfrotto 042; Stand: Manfrotto Alu Master 3 Riser 12' AC Stand/122B, Lowel Full Pole; Battery:18000mah Universal Lithium Battery; Playback:laptop>Schiit Modi>Yamaha HTR5890>Klipsch Synergy F2. My recordings on LMA

kirk97132

« Reply #307 on: July 21, 2013, 04:49:04 PM »
Recently I had some files that were recovered successful with the DOS repair and audacity.  All of them were successfully recover with just chkdsk, renamed file extension to WAV, and dragged WAV into CD Wave Editor.

fix and repair are all functions of chkdsk DOS command.  I can see you have not ever dealt with lost files on a 680.  And, I take it by the lack of responses that everyone else who has does not have a good answer either.  Maybe someday either a code guy or if a miracle happens Tascam will offer up something that can recover these lost files.........

Offline EarlyMorningRain

« Reply #308 on: July 21, 2013, 07:54:06 PM »
^ and ^^

there's a whole thread on that topic here

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=72936.0

Offline JimmieC

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #309 on: July 22, 2013, 09:26:12 AM »

fix and repair are all functions of chkdsk DOS command.  I can see you have not ever dealt with lost files on a 680.  And, I take it by the lack of responses that everyone else who has does not have a good answer either.  Maybe someday either a code guy or if a miracle happens Tascam will offer up something that can recover these lost files.........

OK?  Sorry must not have understood your problem.  I do have a 680 and earlier had a file saving error.  Thankfully this forum was able to help recover them.
OH Grown
Mic:AKG C460B(CK61)/HM1000(CK32/CK47), Naiant Couplings/PFA, ADK-TL; Preamp:Lunatec V2, Naiant Littlebox v1.5; Rec:Tascam DA-P1/DR-100mkii/DR-680; Cable:GAKcables; Bar:Shure A27M, Robb Bar 23-cm, it-goes-to-eleven DINa Active Bar, GAK 3' Bar; Mount:Shure A53M, Audix MC-MICRO; Clamp:AKG K&M 237, Photek Grip Clamp w/Manfrotto 042; Stand: Manfrotto Alu Master 3 Riser 12' AC Stand/122B, Lowel Full Pole; Battery:18000mah Universal Lithium Battery; Playback:laptop>Schiit Modi>Yamaha HTR5890>Klipsch Synergy F2. My recordings on LMA

Offline fsulloway

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #310 on: July 22, 2013, 01:13:02 PM »
It was about a month ago and I was  :drunk: so I don't remember exactly, but I think it was sending the V3 signal. 

I'm not positive but I think the digi out will send a stereo mix of channels 1-6 OR simply pass on the digi in.
schoeps ccm4's, mk4v, mk2h, mk41
AKG ck62, ck63, ck61
Nbob/pfa, Naiant/pfa
SD 10T

"Wilmington, North Carolina....Let us hear your motherf***in' pride!" Patterson Hood 12-09-04

"Just About Unwound From Chasing Down The Sound"

kirk97132

« Reply #311 on: July 22, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »
^ and ^^

there's a whole thread on that topic here

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=72936.0
^and^^ 
Already said I tried the homegrown header repair function which is what you are linking too
  Have tried the homegrown header repair,

Let me rephrase it.  Any of you guys with 680's that have had file saving problems ever find any solutions that gave consistent results recovering lost files on the 680?  PLEASE don't just cite things that might work or that worked for something else.  This is not something I am new to and I have owned the 680 since it was released.   I have been involved with MANY MANY MANY discussions here on TS, and with Tascam about the problem. 

Offline lukpac

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #312 on: July 22, 2013, 05:07:54 PM »
Let me rephrase it.  Any of you guys with 680's that have had file saving problems ever find any solutions that gave consistent results recovering lost files on the 680?  PLEASE don't just cite things that might work or that worked for something else.  This is not something I am new to and I have owned the 680 since it was released.   I have been involved with MANY MANY MANY discussions here on TS, and with Tascam about the problem.

I kind of hinted at this above, but...what are you doing when this is happening? Is it happening a lot? Are you losing power, or is the unit just freezing up?

Offline phil_er_up

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #313 on: July 23, 2013, 10:46:52 AM »
Had a problem with the DR680 this weekend.

Had this recorder for over 2 years and had minor problems though nothing like this. I was running 3 sets of mics. 2 sets of mics thur preamps and one set of mics running 48V phantom power. Well the temp of the day was 99.8 under the SBD tent and the concrete was way hotter. It was hot to the touch the ground.

Anyway I was running the deck and first set is fine. Second set notice the levels on the mics with phantom is acting weirdly. It is not going all the way down on low sounding music and I can tell something is wrong. I touch the deck and is IT HOT. LIKE HOT TO THE TOUCH. Almost burning. I had the DR680 in a lowe bag on the hot ground and in a garbage for rain. DR680 also is in the case.

When I get home the set of mics with phantom did record thought not correctly. It had a cylindrical sound that others have mentioned on here.

So the next day I run again and same thing happens when the deck gets really hot after an hour+ of running. This day is even hotter then the day before.

I am now at home in AC and running it for over an hour and no problems with deck or those mics. So it seems that heat could affect the deck mostly running with phantom power on. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:54:05 AM by phil_er_up »
Everyday is a gift. Enjoy each one!
Forward motion bring positive results.

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #314 on: July 23, 2013, 10:59:04 AM »
Had a problem with the DR680 this weekend.

Had this recorder for over 2 years and had minor problems though nothing like this. I was running 3 sets of mics. 2 sets of mics thur preamps and one set of mics running 48V phantom power. Well the temp of the day was 99.8 under the SBD tent and the concrete was way hotter. It was hot to the touch the ground.

Anyway I was running the deck and first set is fine. Second set notice the levels on the mics with phantom is acting weirdly. It is not going all the way down on low sounding music and I can tell something is wrong. I touch the deck and is IT HOT. LIKE HOT TO THE TOUCH. Almost burning. I had the DR680 in a lowe bag on the hot ground and in a garbage for rain. DR680 also is in the case.

When I get home the set of mics with phantom did record thought not correctly. It had a cylindrical sound that others have mentioned on here.

So the next day I run again and same thing happens when the deck gets really hot after an hour+ of running. This day is even hotter then the day before.

I am not at home in AC and running it for over an hour and no problems with deck or those mics. So it seems that heat could affect the deck mostly running with phantom power on.

Sorry to hear that Patrick. I've experienced the same thing. These recorders do not like the heat when phantom power is on.
I've only been running two channels of phantom power with mine lately and I have not experienced any issues so far this summer.

If you figure out a fix, let us know. I've considered using a 12v computer fan in my bag. I might actually try that out on Friday, as I have an outside show to record then.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.101 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com