Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mapleshade Records--Anybody know about these guys?  (Read 2545 times)

Offline lds490

• Demon_In_Disguise
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Ride the llama!
    • Music List
Mapleshade Records--Anybody know about these guys?
« on: November 25, 2005, 09:51:58 AM »
http://mapleshaderecords.com/index.php

I just got their catalog in the mail the other day.  Most of their recordings sound very interesting to me (recorded in an all-analog environment).

I am very interested in your opinions of the tweaks they are selling--lots of stands, platforms, ICs, speaker cables, feet, etc. 

What do y'all think of silver contact enhancer?  I've seen lots of raves about it as an inexpensive tweak.  Does it work?  For $35 I may give it a try.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 11:26:22 AM by lds490 »
http://db.etree.org/lds490
Open: Studio Projects C-1s-> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> Addonics Pocket EX
Stealth: AT 831 -> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> IBM Microdrive

Offline Daryan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Mapleshade Records--Anybody know about these guys?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 01:18:56 PM »
I use their silclear product exclusively as contact enhancer.  If you want to hear more detail, it works wonders!  It's not a tweak you have to listen for either, it will smack you upside the head the minute you turn your system on.  Be careful with power chords, as the silclear is very conductive and can easily cause a few sparks ;D
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

zowie

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 07:35:04 PM »
I have about 5 of their cds.  Sound great.  Some very good music, some less than it's cracked up to be.

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 01:24:48 PM »
If you want to try some silclear, I have a bunch oif extra and can send you a big dab.
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

BobW

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 07:00:08 PM »
Mapleshade is just plain crazy !
They actually make stereo recordings with ONLY  two microphones !   ;D

RebelRebel

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 07:42:42 AM »
Interesting, I just came across them yesterday while I was looking around the internet. http://www.chesky.com is another great business.

BobW

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 04:23:48 PM »
Acoustic Disc is nothing to snarl at.
The owner can play Mando pretty well also.

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 03:08:07 PM »
http://mapleshaderecords.com/index.php

I just got their catalog in the mail the other day.  Most of their recordings sound very interesting to me (recorded in an all-analog environment).

I am very interested in your opinions of the tweaks they are selling--lots of stands, platforms, ICs, speaker cables, feet, etc. 

What do y'all think of silver contact enhancer?  I've seen lots of raves about it as an inexpensive tweak.  Does it work?  For $35 I may give it a try.

Never heard their stuff personally, but have read many good reviews that attest to the excellent sound quality of their recordings.

As far as system tweaks, I would personally save my $$ to upgrade my speakers and electronics first, then I would add room treatments. IMHO those tweaks are the last on my list for improving playback at home.

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

BobW

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 03:55:26 PM »
I just got their hardcopy catalogue today.

Their interconnects and especially their power strips and cords are a bit esoteric for me.
The discs available seem interesting...Ras Mek Peace.......hmm.

They seem to contradict themselves on tweaks and like to put both listeners and speakers down on the floor, while simultaneously wanting to raise the power and speaker cords off of it     ::)

My conclusion ?  They are, without a doubt, a bunch of audiophiles.    ;D

Allot of fun.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com